Accidentally deleted a partition in an attempt to make a dual boot system? Relax you can recover your important with ease using Yodot Hard Drive Recovery software for Windows. The software can find and recover data from deleted partitions.
The only undelete application for Mac that can recover deleted files from HFS+, HFSX partitions on Mac. The software also has the ability to recover lost files using RAW signature method.
Recover Accidentally Erased Files (Windows)
Computers have become an indispensable part of our day-to-day life. Everyday hundreds of files like .doc, .pdf, .rar, .zip, .ppt, .mp3, .mp4, .avi, .jpg, .png etc, are created, stored and deleted. Users create these files using applications; store them on the computer hard drive, USB drive or any other removable media and deletes them when they no longer need a particular file.
File deletion is done, when the file is no more required or to free the memory space or when there is two copies of the same file or when you don’t want others to access a file. All these cases are for intended file deletion and what if you delete them unintentionally? People delete files either one-by-one or altogether and use distinct approaches to do the same. That is either by pressing the "Del" key or using "Shift + Delete" keys or by right clicking and selecting "Delete" option on the menu bar.
Many times you might have accidentally erased a wrong file which is important to you. Let’s see, which are these instancesL
- Used "Select All" to erase a bunch of files and that included an important one also
- Used "Ctrl" key for selecting multiple files for deletion and unknowingly selected an important file along with it
- While doing Cut-Copy-Paste
- Used "Shift + Delete" keys for deletion, as this action does not directs the file to recycle bin
- Accidentally deleted files from an external media (when connected to the computer), as this action also doesn’t directs the file to a recycle bin
- Unknowingly erased a large sized file, which failed to get stored in the Recycle Bin
When such accidental file deletion situations occur, a user who is not much tech-savvy presumes that the deleted file is gone forever and is unable to be recovered by him. But this is not true; instead it is still possible to retrieve files that are accidentally deleted, although not by the user, rather by utilizing a recovery tool.
How to recover an accidentally erased file?
Actually for a storage drive delete does not mean delete. Because when you delete a file and not sent to the recycle bin, then only the file name is deleted and all its entries from the file directory of the file system are removed. But the file still remains in the drive until it is overwritten by a new data. (Do not use the drive after data loss).
Utilize the eminent features of Yodot File Recovery software, which is the one-stop way to get back your deleted files either from your hard drive, memory card, USB drive, FireWire or any other storage media. The software ensures complete recovery of files and also facilitates 30 dynamic features which make your recovery experience easy and fast. It recovers documents, music, pictures, videos, graphic images etc.
Instructions for performing recovery
- Download Yodot File Recovery software to your laptop or computer and install it
- In case you need to recover deleted files from an external USB drive or memory card then connect it to your computer, by using USB cable or card reader respectively
- Now, launch the software and start the recovery process
- Select "Deleted File Recovery" option from the two options that are displayed on the main screen
- Each and every available drive will be exhibited on the screen. Select the one from which recovery is to be done
- The software scans the selected drive and shows all the files present in it. Files and folders with "Red Cross" indicate that they are the deleted ones
- The screen also displays other details like size, health, file count, modification date and create date. It also provides two view types "Data Type" & "File Type" and also the preview option. All these details and options helps in the easy selection of the deleted files
- Save the recovered files to a separate partition / drive, you may also compress them to save storage space. Since both these options are disabled in the trial version, so use "Save Recovery session" option. This will be helpful in saving time after software purchase
Things To Remember
- Regularly take backup of your files
- Cross check your selection before deletion
- Better to make your important files as read-only and avoid such situations