Accidentally deleted a partition in an attempt make a dual boot system? Relax you can recover your important with ease using Yodot Hard Drive Recovery software for Windows. The software can find and recover data from deleted partitions.
The only undelete application for Mac that can recover deleted files from HFS+, HFSX partitions on Mac. The software also has the ability to recover lost files using RAW signature method.
File Recovery from NTFS Drive
NTFS is defined as "New Technology File System" that supports all the subsequent versions of Windows after Windows NT. It offers several enhancements over FAT16 and FAT32 with respect to security, performance, reliability etc.
NTFS has the ability to automatically repair and rescue the hard drive from disk related errors. It provides improved security as it lets you set permissions on critical files and folders, so that you may limit access to those files. Also facilitates notable features like compression, disk space utilization, encryption, support for metadata etc.
Even after having improved and advanced features like above, still data loss from a NTFS drive can happen due to many reasons like human errors, OS re-installation, due to bad sectors, due to third party tools etc.
Situations that lead to data loss from a NTFS drive
- Data loss from NTFS drives mainly occurs due to human mistakes like unintentional deletion of files and folders or accidentally formatting the whole NTFS drive
- Another main cause of data loss is due to partitioning errors. Data may be lost or deleted while trying to re-partition the NTFS drive or trying to re-size or locate free space in the existing partitions
- You may also end up deleting a wrong partition in place of the other one that contained important files
- Due to file system conversion of your partition from NTFS to another file system
- Corruption caused to NTFS drive due to bad sectors on the hard drive making the data inaccessible
- Due to operating system reinstallation or upgradation, which leads to formatting of NTFS partitions / drives or overwrites the existing data in the hard drive
- File system corruption of NTFS drive due to severe virus infection or improper system shutdown
Why Yodot File Recovery software?
Yodot File Recovery software delivers superior and intelligent recovery of files from NTFS drives. As it does not alter the data of the original file rather creates an entirely new file. Also facilitates user-friendly interface for easy and smooth recovery of files from NTFS drives.
Above all, the software is capable of recovering even the compression files and folders. Also if your hard drive is damaged due to scratches, then the software creates disk image of the hard drive by skipping the bad sectors, so that the rest of the data can be recovered easily.
Working of the software
- In case, if the entire NTFS drive is corrupt or not able to boot then attach it to another computer for recovering data
- Download and install Yodot File Recovery software
- Run the application and follow with the on screen messages
- Choose from the "Deleted file recovery" and "Lost file recovery" as per the scenario
- Pick from the list of drives – the affected NTFS drive
- Wait until software completes its scanning procedure
- Choose the files that you want to rescue from the NTFS drive – to avoid unwanted files
- Preview files before storing them
- Select the location to save the recovered files. You can also make use of the compression option
- Perform regular backups of your sensitive files, if possible on a daily basis
- Before deleting a file, cross check the file for confirming your selection
- Make critical files as read only file in order to prevent from deletion or alteration
- Do not write any new data to the same NTFS drive from which you are recovering
- Back up your data before file system conversion, formatting, OS re-installation or upgradation