Accidentally deleted a partition in an attempt to make a dual boot system? Relax you can recover your important with ease using Yodot Hard Drive Recovery software for Windows. The software can find and recover data from deleted partitions.
The only undelete application for Mac that can recover deleted files from HFS+, HFSX partitions on Mac. The software also has the ability to recover lost files using RAW signature method.
Can I Recover Deleted Files from My External Hard Drive?
Using external hard disks to store computer data is becoming very common these days. This removable storage device allows users to save and backup huge amount of important personal and business data. People often use removal hard disks as they have attractive features such as its large storage capacity, portable in nature i.e. they can be easily carried with you to use and transfer data just by connecting to any computer via cable. All these factors make external hard drives as the no. 1 choice to share and backup your pictures, movies, songs, documents with your colleagues, family or friends.
In spite of its uses, you may face some troubles while using these external hard drives which leads to loss of data stored on your external hdd. For example: you wanted to delete a file, but accidentally deleted the entire folder by hitting delete key. And the worse is that, you can’t find that deleted folder in the Recycle Bin. This makes you to lose vital data from the disk. So if you want to undelete these files from external hard drive then here is a way. Just read the article to find out how it is done.
What happens when you delete files from External HDD?
No matter whether you used Delete key or Shift Delete keys to erase files or folders from external hard disk, they won’t get stored in Windows Recycle Bin; instead they bypass Recycle Bin and will get lost. But first thing you must know is that deleting a file or folder from the external hard drive does not lead to permanent data loss. If you would like to get those files back even after losing them, then you should immediately stop using the external hard drive and make sure you do not add any new data onto portable hard disk. This would result in overwriting of deleted data and thus leads to permanent data loss. Therefore you need to take quick action if you want to retrieve precious data that was deleted from external hard disk. File recovery software would be a perfect option for retrieval of files from removable hard drive.
File deletion from external hard drive occurs due to the below explained causes:
- Human Errors: Sometimes you might erase important data from external hard drive rather than unwanted data when connected to computer for accessing information
- Malware Attack: Viruses like Worm, Trojan horse etc infects the external hard drive and sometimes remove certain files or folders without your knowledge
- Mishandling the Device: Using the same external device on different OS like Windows and Mac or ejecting external drive while copying or moving files might lead to file deletion
- Other Reasons: Other reasons include application error, hardware malfunction, improper removal, sudden power failure and many more
Which recovery program to use?
Yodot File Recovery is among the best utility to retrieve all deleted files and folders from external hard drive. The tool not only helps in rescuing erased files, but also helps user to restore lost / missing files from external HD. This software does not modify or alter original files during the recovery process. The tool has a very good user interface through which even an amateur computer user can retrieve his deleted / lost files from external hard drive and other removal storage media like USB drives, memory cards, etc. It even works on hard drive running on Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems. If you come across any problem or having any dilemna in retrieving data then an excellent technical assistance will be provided to make the process easier
Steps to retrieve files from portable hard disk
- Download and install Yodot File Recovery software (Not on to your same external drive)
- Open the installed software and stick to the main screen procedure
- Make use of “Delete File Recovery” option to recover your deleted files and folders
- The tool scans and shows all the internal and external drives, choose your external drive and click “Next”
- View the recoverable data in 2 different view i.e. data view and file type view which makes your search easier
- Choose the desired files and folders which you want to get back and click on “Next” button
- Preview the retrievable files before saving
- Finally, browse for the destination location to save your recovered files
- Avoid using your external hard drive to store new data after data loss mishap
- Never eject your portable hard disk device during file copying or transferring process
- Backup your important files before formatting, re-installing OS, file system conversion or other operations
- The software allows you to compress retrieved files before saving to desired storage location