Accidentally deleted a partition in an attempt make a dual boot system? Relax you can recover your important with ease using Yodot Hard Drive Recovery software for Windows. The software can find and recover data from deleted partitions.
The only undelete application for Mac that can recover deleted files from HFS+, HFSX partitions on Mac. The software also has the ability to recover lost files using RAW signature method.
How to Recover Files from USB Drive?
USB (Universal Serial Bus) is a small portable flash storage device; with which user can conveniently transfer data from one device to another. Generally, USB drives are popularly known as pen drives, flash drives, thumb drives, jump drives, USB sticks, etc. These devices are small and can be plugged into any computer through USB port. The storage capacity of these device ranges from Megabytes to few Gigabytes and Nowadays people depend on these flash devices to store and carry important data.
However, the main drawback of these USB drives is that they are more prone to corruption and give rise to loss of important data files. Usually corruptions are caused due to the virus attack on the USB drives when you connect them to a virus infected system. In such cases, data from these USB drives can be restored back from an updated backup. But people often don’t backup their USB drives data, at this situation only file recovery software will help them restore their data back.
Let us see some of the scenarios which lead to loss of data from USB drives
- Unintentional Deletion: Users often delete their files accidently from USB flash drive. Files deleted from USB drive does not get stored in the Recycle Bin.
- Format: Formatting the USB flash drive containing your important data by mistake. USB drive is also purposefully formatted to make it free from corruption and formatting errors
- Virus Attack: Deadly virus or malware attack on the USB drive can hide or delete the files on USB drive.
- Improper Ejection: Removing the USB drive while transferring data between USB device and computer or vice versa can also bring about data loss
- Other Reasons: Other reasons that causes loss of data from USB drive include power failure, system shut down, electro-static discharge, file system corruption and many more
The important thing to remember when any data loss happens from USB drive is to immediately stop using the affected device, because adding new data to that USB drive results in overwriting of the deleted data making recovery impossible.
About USB file recovery software:
Yodot File Recovery is one of the finest file recovery software to recover data from your USB devices, no matter how you lost it. The software uses advanced built in algorithm to identify and recover all your lost and deleted data from your USB device. It not only recovers data from USB drives but also restores data from formatted internal hard disk, memory cards, external hard disk and many other storage drives.
Step-by-step procedure to retrieve USB data using the software
- Download and install Yodot File Recovery software to your desktop / laptop
- Connect the USB device to the system and let it get detected
- Launch the software and follow the main screen procedure
- Two options will be displayed on the main screen “Deleted File Recovery” and “Lost File Recovery”
- Choose the option based on your data loss scenario
- The software scans and displays all the logical and external drives(USB) present on the system
- Select the USB drive and click on “Next” option
- The software scans and displays all the recoverable files in two distinct view types; “Data Type” and “File Type”
- Switch between the two view type which eases your search
- Preview the files and save the recovered files to your desired location. But not on the USB drive which might result in overwriting
Things to Remember:
- Do regular backup of your USB drives before performing any delete
- Immediately stop using the USB drive after format operation
- Make use of an updated antivirus program to delete virus and malwares
- Use “Read-only” option to protect your important file