Recover files, folders from lost partitions, formatted partitions or from the Mac drives that do not mount. The application uses minimal system resources to recover data from such Apple Mac volumes.
Unleash the power of the fastest file recovery software to undelete your most important deleted file or the files deleted after emptying recycle bin. This easy to use application for Windows can recover all type of files
Retrieve Files from Corrupt CF Card on Mac
I have a 16 GB Compact Flash (CF) card which I widely use to store my most precious pictures and other media files. Yesterday as usual I snapped few brilliant shots using my Sony camera and saved the files on CF card. When I connected CF card to my Mac machine to transfer the photos, a hardware exception occurred due to which my Mac machine terminated improperly. I restarted the system to check whether everything is fine. Everything looked fine, however upon trying to data from my CF card, it displayed a notification like “Card error” and I was unable to access any files from the CF card. The way to get rid of CF card errors is to format it, but formatting CF card leads to complete data loss. So obliviously my question is on how to save files from corrupt CF card?
Compact Flash card commonly known as CF card is a flash memory storage device that is generally used on portable electronic devices like DSLR camera, music player, camcorders etc. Users can store different types of media files including songs, videos, RAW images, photos, etc on CF card. Data saved on these CF cards can get deleted or lost due to any problem like CF card corruption.
CF card corruption is considered as major factor behind loss of valuable media files from CF card. CF card gets logically corrupted for number of reasons as listed below:
- Removing CF card during file transfer from card to computer or vice versa
- Severe virus / malware infection on CF card
- CF card hardware failure
- Using CF card on multiple electronic gadgets and many others
How to restore data after corruption of CF card?
It is highly suggested to stop using your CF card after CF card corruption and use a reliable card recovery utility such as Yodot Mac Photo Recovery to get back lost CF card files. You can accomplish data recovery from corrupted, damaged or inaccessible CF card due to any known or unknown cause. The software easily restores all deleted and missing music, video, picture, documents, RAW image and many other files from your Compact Flash card on Mac. Apart from CF card, this tool can be used to recover data from various types and brands of flash memory cards like SD, SDHC, SDXC, XD, MMC and Memory Sticks on Macintosh computer.
Working of the Software
- Download and install Yodot Mac Photo Recovery software on your Macintosh machine
- Plug in your CF card via USB or card reader
- Run the installed application and stick to the main screen procedure
- You’ll find 2 options “Deleted Photo Recovery” and “Lost Photo Recovery” from the main screen
- Choose the option based on your data loss scenario like for CF card formatted - choose lost photo recovery option and for deletion - choose deleted photo recovery option
- The software scans and shows all logical and external volumes present in the system, choose the external Volume which represents your CF card
- Choose the exact file types you want to recover or click on “Skip” button to select all the file types by default
- The tools scans the selected CF card and shows all the recoverable files in Mac finder styled interface
- Select the media files that you want to recover, preview them before restoring and browse for the destination location to save your recovered files
Tips to Remember
- Never remove your CF card while file transferring process
- Don’t use your CF card on different OS platforms
- Yodot allows you to save your recovered files to any external storage device like CD, DVD, external hard drive, pen drive etc