Recover files, folders from lost partitions, formatted partitions or from the Mac drives that do not mount. The application uses minimal system resources to recover data from such Apple Mac volumes.
Unleash the power of the fastest file recovery software to undelete your most important deleted file or the files deleted after emptying recycle bin. This easy to use application for Windows can recover all type of files
iPod Data Recovery on Mac
It’s interesting to see how Apple iPods has evolved enormously over time. It has improved a lot since the first one (iPod Classic-1st Gen) whether on design or the features. For example, "1000 songs in your pocket" to "15,000 songs, 25,000 photos, 80hrs of video". Till date more than 300 million iPods have been sold all over the globe.
Even though, like any other media player or storage drive, iPod also faces data loss problems. This can be because of human mistakes or due to hardware corruption or due to software errors etc.
Let us see the main reasons that causes data loss in iPods
- Accidental Deletion – Most of the times data loss happens due to human mistakes only and same in case of iPods also. Accidentally deleting music files, photos or videos from your iPod or deleting the entire music collection by selecting "Delete all" option from the menu on the iPod
- Formatting – There can be two situations where you format your iPod. One is the accidental one, either in the iPod itself or when connected to the Mac machine (as a storage drive). Another situation occurs when you switch from Mac machine and connect it to a Windows system. Because once you connect your iPod to Mac, it is formatted to HFS+ file system and as soon as you connect it to Windows, it gets formatted to FAT32 file system. Even though you can again convert it to HFS+, but all the photos, videos and music files present in it gets formatted / erased
- Virus Attack – Virus infection is another many reason for data loss, as this may delete files from both iPod and iTunes. On complex situation it may also corrupt iTunes
- Restore – When you restore your iPod, it gets resetted to its factory settings. This process also erases all your media files that are stored in the iPod. There can be many situations where you need to restore your iPod for bringing it back to normal functioning, some of them are mentioned below
- Sometimes while updating iPod in iTunes, you may have seen a message like "An unknown error has occurred: 1415".
- If you have forgotten your passcode for unlocking the iPod, then after many trials the iPod will be disabled
- Sometimes, when a song is playing and stops in the middle of it. The iPod screen only displays a "Red X" icon
- When a iPod freezes unexpectedly and fails to retrieve
- Sync Error – As you know that, media files that are present in the iPod are managed by iTunes. But there are few situations where data is lost from iPod while synchronizing with iTunes, as explained below
- iTunes has an automatic sync feature. When you connect iPod to the Mac machine, iTunes automatically updates the iPod with its files. Therefore all those files will appear on it and other new files will be erased
- You may get a "Sync error" while trying to synchronize your iPod with iTunes, this can be due to various factors like hardware changes, software conflicts, new user account or corrupt files. This may cause deletion of photos, videos, audio from both the entities
- Improper Ejection – Complete data loss can happen, if you disconnect the iPod improperly i.e. without using the 'Safely Remove Peripherals' option when connected to iTunes
Best way to get back iPod files on your Mac
The easiest way to recover your iPod music, images, videos etc that are either deleted or lost due to above mentioned scenarios, then it is highly suggested to use Yodot Mac Photo Recovery utility. Don’t get confused by its name, as it’s the most potential iPod recovery tool that can recover not just pictures but also songs and video / movie clips.
Supports all the latest versions of Mac OS X e.g. Lion, Leopard, Snow Leopard etc and can performs recovery from iPod Classic, Mini, Shuffle and Nano (not iPod Touch).
Steps for recovering iPod files on Mac OS X
Connect the iPod to the Mac machine with the help of its USB cable. Download Yodot Mac Photo Recovery application to your Apple laptop or PC.
- After installation, open the application from the "Applications Folder" in your Macintosh
- The main window will show you two options, "Deleted Photo Recovery" and "Lost Photo Recovery". Choose any one (As per the data loss scenario)
- As you click on any one of those, the software will display all the physical drives, found in your system
- Select the iPod drive and click "Next" button
- Following window provides you with the alternative to choose the specific file type for recovery. If all the files are to be recovered then select “Mark All” option
- As soon as you proceed further, software starts scanning the iPod drive
- When the scanning process ends, it displays all the found files in a Mac finder styled interface
- Make use of the two view types for choosing files, by toggling between them. Also if you need view only the deleted files then use "Show deleted" option
- Preview them for confirmation and proceed to save them (disabled in trial version)to the wanted location but other than the iPod itself
NOTE: If using the trial edition, then make use of "Save Recovery Session" option for saving the scan information and avoid re-scanning of the drive after product purchase.
- Back your iPod pictures, songs and video files either in iTunes or in any external storage drive
- Do not switch the iPod between Mac and Windows operating system
- If any kind of error occurs then try restarting the iPod rather restoring directly