Recover files, folders from lost partitions, formatted partitions or from the Mac drives that do not mount. The application uses minimal system resources to recover data from such Apple Mac volumes.
Unleash the power of the fastest file recovery software to undelete your most important deleted file or the files deleted after emptying recycle bin. This easy to use application for Windows can recover all type of files
Photo Recovery from iPhoto Library
Have you ever lost your vital photos from your iPhoto library and wondering how to recover them back? Are you still searching for the solutions then you are in the right place. The first thing you have to do is stop using the device from where you lost your photos.
iPhoto is a digital photo cataloguing application software built for Mac operating systems. The tool is generally used to import, maintain, print, share and edit pictures from digital cameras, scanners, picture CDs and internet. It stores these photos in a specific folder called as iPhoto library folder. iPhoto provides some advanced features such as full screen display modes, Facebook enhancement, face recognition and etc. Apart from photos the iPhoto library folder also contains data files which represent attributes such as ratings, keywords, albums etc. If any corruption or deletion to these data / picture files, you will no longer be able to access the photos present in them. However, there are several other reasons which results in photo loss from the iPhoto library some of them are explained below.
Common scenarios in which photos are deleted or lost from iPhoto library
- Accidental Deletion: Accidentally deleting a photo file from iPhoto or deleting an entire iPhoto library
- iPhoto Library Corruption: Corruption to the iPhoto library database results in frequent iPhoto crash, which makes your photos in iPhoto library inaccessible and sometimes leads to permanent deletion
- Synchronization Error: Interruption during synchronization of iPhoto library between Mac machine and a digital camera results in photo loss, as sync error will cause deletion of photos from both source and destination
- Virus Attack: Virus attack on the photos present in the iPhoto library makes the photos inaccessible which occurs during data import from the internet
You can overcome the above stated problems by rebuilding the iPhoto library.
How to rebuild iPhoto library?
So how do you rebuild your iPhoto library? Press and hold the Command and Option keys when you click on the iPhoto icon. You’ll then find the below screen with different repairing option, choose the desired option and click on “Rebuild” button.
Please choose how you would like to rebuild your iPhoto library. We recommend you make a backup of your iPhoto Library photo before proceeding
- Repair the iPhoto Library Database
- Rebuild the iPhoto Library Database from automatic backup
- Rebuild the photos small thumbnails
- Rebuild all of the photos thumbnails
- Recover orphaned photos in the iPhoto Library folder
- Examine and repair iPhoto Library file permissions
The lost and deleted photos can be recovered by rebuilding the iPhoto library using “Rebuild” option provided with the iPhoto software, but rebuilding do not guarantee the complete photo recovery and hence our recovery software comes into picture.
How to retrieve the photo files?
Yodot Mac Photo Recovery software is exclusively built to analyze and restore lost or missing photos. It is a reliable and powerful utility that recovers lost photos after cut and paste operation, user errors or any of the above mentioned scenarios. Apart from recovering photo files the software recovers other media file such as audio and video. All these prominent features make this software the best recovery tool to recover photos from iPhoto Library.
How to recover photos from iPhoto library using the software?
- Download and install Yodot Mac Photo Recovery software to your Mac machine
- Open the software and follow the main screen procedures
- You’ll find two options “Deleted Photo Recovery” and “Lost Photo Recovery” in the main screen
- Choose the option based on your data loss scenario
- The Application scans and displays all the logical and external Volumes present in the system
- Select the exact file type you want to recover or simply click on “Skip” button to select all the file types by default
- The tool scans the selected Volume and displays all the recoverable photo files in Mac finder styled interface
- Select the photo files which you would like to recover
- The software allows you to preview the photo files before recovering them
- Save the rescued files to your desired location but not on the one from where you are recovering from
Things to remember
- Always keep an updated backup of your photo files either on your Mac machine or to any external storage drive in order to restore them back if any data loss happens
- Preview the photo files using “Preview” option before recovering them
- Do not disconnect the camera or any storage device during transfer process
- Use an antivirus program to counter malwares in your system