Recover files, folders from lost partitions, formatted partitions or from the Mac drives that do not mount. The application uses minimal system resources to recover data from such Apple Mac volumes.
Unleash the power of the fastest file recovery software to undelete your most important deleted file or the files deleted after emptying Recycle Bin. This easy to use application for Windows can recover all type of files.
Picture Recovery from External Hard Drive on Macintosh
I believe my cousin erased all our picture files off my external hard disk. Is there any way to restore my pictures from the external drive back? This is one of the common questions asked by most of the external hard drive users, because today external hard disks are widely used to store, backup and transfer data in reliable way. Moreover, external hard drives are easy reliable, have high storage capacity, easy to use i.e. they can be connected to any desktop/laptop computer with the help of a USB cable. Hence people think that external hard drives are a good way to share photos, videos, and documents with friends, colleagues or family. However sometimes, it is also possible that users encounter lot of problems while using their external hard drive and lose valuable pictures stored on them.
How pictures are lost or deleted from external hard drive?
- Interruption while backing up your photo files from your external hard drive to Mac hard drive or other external drive
- Power failures or disconnecting external hard drive while transferring your photo files between external hard disk and Mac computer
- Virus like “Trojan horse” infection on your external hard drive makes it corrupt and result in inaccessibility of photos and other files saved on it
- Unintentionally deleting pictures from your external hard drive by mistake or while erasing unneeded data when connected to Mac system will erase your images and you cannot find them on Trash
- Using same external hard drive device on multiple operating systems like Windows and Mac can sometimes leads to loss of pictures
You are lucky enough, if you have the backup of your lost photos. However, what if you lose pictures from backup drive itself? Relax; don’t think that photos are irrecoverable from external hard drive. You can restore them by using reliable photo recovery tool as long as photo files are not overwritten by new data files. Therefore, for successful recovery, it is suggested to immediately stop using external hard drive to store new data. If you continue to use it, the new files which you are going to save might overwrite the space occupied by deleted/lost photos on external hard disk complicating the photo recovery process.
Mac Photo Recovery software:
Yodot Mac Photo Recovery is a highly rated utility to search and restore photos from external hard drive. You will be able to recover videos, movies, documents, RAW images, songs, compressed files and other files from external hard drive using this tool. It supports recovery of photos from external hard drive brands such as LaCie, Western Digital, Seagate, Toshiba, Iomega, etc on Mac OS X machine. It is possible to get back media files from various types of flash memory cards such as xD card, SD card, SDHC card, SDXC card, CF card, MMC and Memory Stick that are used in modern DSLR cameras and Smart phones on Mac computer by using Yodot Mac photo recovery software.
Procedure to do external hard drive photo recovery on Mac OS:
- First, connect your external hard drive to your Mac machine via USB
- Download and install Yodot Mac Photo Recovery software
- Run the software and follow the on screen steps
- “Deleted Photo Recovery” and “Lost Photo Recovery” options will be displayed on the main screen
- “Deleted Photo Recovery” helps you to recover your erased photo files and “Lost Photo Recovery” option helps you to recover missing photo files
- Choose the option based on your data loss scenario
- The application scans your Mac system and shows all the internal and external Volumes connected to it
- Select the Volume which represents your external hard drive and click on “Next” button
- The software repeats the scanning process and shows all the recovered data in two different view types
- Switch between Data View type and File View type to select image files which you want to recover
- At last, browse for the destination location to save your recovered photo files
- Do not remove your external hard drive while transferring files
- Preview recovered photos from external hard drive before saving them
- Use efficient antivirus application to get rid of viruses or other external threats