Recover files, folders from lost partitions, formatted partitions or from the Mac drives that do not mount. The application uses minimal system resources to recover data from such Apple Mac volumes.
Unleash the power of the fastest file recovery software to undelete your most important deleted file or the files deleted after emptying recycle bin. This easy to use application for Windows can recover all type of files.
How to Restore Files from iPod after Formatting?
"I had lent my iPod to a friend for some time. When I got it back, I was shocked. The files and folders on my iPod are gone. When I enquired what went wrong, I got to know that iPod was connected to Windows system. I really do not understand, what happened to my iPod which was working fine. I had lot of essential data on iPod that includes collection of favorite songs which I had saved from a long time, all my photos, videos, etc. Please help me out if you know any resolution to get back those files.
Need not worry, not only you there are many iPod users who face such troubles. If you wonder what has made you to loss data, then you must know that the iPod which you were using on your Mac computer has HFS+ file system. When it is connected to Windows computer, OS cannot recognize the file system of iPod and tells you to format iPod. If you friend neglected this error warning and proceeded further, then iPod had your favorite music store turns into an empty space, because all files are automatically erased from iPod. If you try collecting all the files again, then it really needs lot of research, time and you can't restore your personal files.
iPod can be formatted in two ways:
- With the help of format option available on iPod itself and
- When connected to Mac system
At times, you can format the iPod device inadvertently while accessing its contents. You may also format the iPod by clicking on 'Yes' button, when you get an error message "The drive is not formatted, do you want to format it now?" on Windows or Mac computer. This error warning is displayed due to improper usage, virus infection and RAW file system on the iPod. In such situations, you can use proper iPod file recovery software to get files off iPod. Yodot Mac Photo Recovery is one such tool to recover formatted iPod files on Macintosh computer.
Know more about formatted iPod recovery software:
Yodot Mac Photo Recovery can be used as iPod recovery tool to retrieve lost files from formatted iPod device. The software is capable of recovering different types of photos, music files, movies and other documents from iPod without damaging iPod files during the restoration process. The application can support file recovery from different iPod models such as iPod Mini, Shuffle, Nano and Classic on Mac system. This tool can also restore RAW image files such as RAW, ARW, NEF, DNG, MRW, CR2, CRW, etc. from modern DSLR cameras namely Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Sony, Samsung, Fujifilm, Kodak, Minolta and so on. You can even bring back media files from other storage drives like memory cards, flash drives, hard drives, external hard drives, etc on Mac OS X machines. Use demo version of this utility to evaluate the effectiveness of recovery result.
Simple steps to Recover files from Formatted iPod:
- Download and install the Yodot Mac Photo Recovery software on your Macintosh system
- Connect your formatted iPod to the computer and run the application
- Select "Lost Photo Recovery" option from the main screen
- The tool displays all the drives associated with the Mac system, choose the drive of formatted iPod and click "Next"
- Later you will get list of files that are recovered from iPod, select the files that you want to recover and click on "Next" or select "Skip" option to recover all files
- You can view the list of recovered iPod files in two distinct views i.e. "Data View" and "File Type View"
- Preview the recovered files using “Preview” option
- At last, use "Save" option to save the files on a drive which you prefer on Macintosh system
- Do not use the iPod on Windows system which doesn't have compatibility for it
- Think twice before formatting your iPod device
- Handle your iPod with care to avoid file system corruption