Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Undelete your most important files and folders deleted or lost from system hard drive or external storage drives on Windows OS. This easy to use application for Windows OS can recover wide range of files from all storage media.
Fix Outlook 2010 Error OST File Cannot Be Opened
“Hi, my Outlook 2010 is showing some error that it cannot open the OST file. I have been using Outlook 2010 in offline mode for more than a year and never came across this type of issue. Can anyone please suggest me how to resolve this error on Outlook 2010 and access my valuable data? Please help.”
Microsoft Outlook is an essential application on everyone’s desktop to manage mail account with ease. Users can effortlessly handle their mail accounts in offline mode by creating .ost offline folder file. However, at certain point of time while using OST file users face unexpected issues that render inaccessibility of emails and other mail items from that OST file. One such issue with Outlook 2010 offline folder file is error saying .ost file cannot be opened.
Outlook 2010 error cannot open OST file:
Outlook 2010 OST file loses its accessibility at times of OST file corruption and starts displaying the error, OST file cannot be opened / accessed. Few common reasons that can corrupt Outlook 2010 OST data file are listed over here:
- Abrupt closure of Outlook 2010 application when OST file is active
- Malware / spyware invasion to the OST file saved on system hard drive
- Improper installation of MS Outlook
- Hard drive corruption, in which OST file is saved, due to file system damage or severe bad sectors
- Incorrect or error synchronization between OST file and Exchange Server mailbox
- Invalid Outlook configuration settings and errors while creating OST file on it
When Outlook 2010 OST file gets corrupt in any of the above mentioned scenario, Outlook can display the error ‘cannot open OST data file’. Since, Outlook 2010 lacks inbuilt Integrity Check tool ScanOST, users have to go with Scanpst.exe in order to fix cannot open Outlook 2010 OST error. But, in most of the cases, running ScanPST or reinstalling Outlook won’t resolve the problem. Hence, it is recommended to convert error showing OST file to PST file using best converter program.
Program to convert Outlook 2010 error showing OST file to PST file:
Yodot OST to PST Converter is the best software to regain accessibility of Outlook 2010 cannot be opened OST file. This utility is built with high-tech algorithms that easily resolve all issues related to Outlook OST file created on MS Office Outlook versions 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 by converting it to healthy PST file. It fixes various errors and irregularities of severely damaged or corrupted OST file and creates a new accessible PST file just in simple mouse click. One can utilize this tool to convert healthy as well as corrupted OST file created with MS Exchange Server 5.0, 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010 versions. It is extremely compatible to work on Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems.
Procedural steps to convert OST to PST file:
- Download Yodot OST to PST Converter program on your Windows computer where error showing Outlook 2010 OST file reside
- Install the downloaded program and run it
- In main screen, click on either of the options, Open OST file / Find OST file to choose the OST file to be repaired
- After choosing the data file click Next to trigger repair process
- Later, browse for destination location to save converted file and click on Convert button
- Outcome will be a healthy PST file that is accessible on Outlook 2010
- Do not terminate Outlook 2010 abruptly while accessing OST file in it
- Avoid malware corruption to OST file by employing good antivirus program on system
- Keep an updated backup of OST file to avoid serious disaster