Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Undelete your most important files and folders deleted or lost from system hard drive or external storage drives on Windows OS. This easy to use application for Windows OS can recover wide range of files from all storage media.
Fix Error Cannot Start Outlook OST File
“My Outlook OST file has started behaving strangely since yesterday. Upon clicking on it, I am repeatedly getting a message that ‘cannot start OST file’. I don’t have much knowledge about OST file, so can anyone tell me the proper technique to overcome this problem. Thanks in advance”
Are you the victim of above case and want to resolve it using an easy method? Well, many users have faced this type of circumstance and solved it manually. As soon as you get error message that you cannot start Outlook OST file, try to access it by running on safe mode. To run Outlook OST file on safe mode, you have to click on search box by clicking on Windows globe and type “Run” in it. Type “Outlook/safe” in the search box of “Run” and hit on “Enter”. Outlook OST will now start on safe mode and you could view all the information from it. If same result appears even after running Outlook on safe mode, then it represents that Outlook OST file is damaged. Hence to overcome damage issue in Microsoft Outlook OST file, you have to convert it using right OST to PST converter tool.
Before that let us know about the expected reasons behind OST file that displays cannot start OST file error:
- Power Failure: Outlook OST file will work smoothly without any glitch when there are no interruptions at the time of working or synchronizing OST file with Microsoft Exchange Server. However, OST file may fail to start when your system gets shuts down due to power failure while you are commencing any action
- Virus Interference: Downloading attachment from Outlook OST file which contains viruses may damage header of OST file and makes it to display the error message
- Software Malfunction: Issues in the software installed on your Windows computer may sometimes damage Outlook OST file making you to face cannot start Outlook OST file error message
- Bad Sectors: Formation of bad sectors on the drive could damage OST file saved on that particular drive and you will get cannot start OST file error message each and every time you open OST file
Even though you take precautionary measures to protect OST file from any corruption; situation like above may occur at any time and convert healthy OST file to inaccessible one. So only many experts suggest us to take backup of OST file. However, few users are not aware of taking backup of OST file as it is bit tougher for those who have less technical knowledge.
Then how to eliminate cannot start OST file error?
As mentioned above, one can convert OST file to PST in order to remove cannot start Outlook OST file error message. Yodot OST to PST Converter is the assured application that will fix any issues related to Outlook OST file and converts it to healthy and viewable one. Using this result oriented software, one can instantly eliminate various errors such as OST file not found, cannot read error, Outlook OST file was not closed properly error, OST file is not valid error etc. It can even fix severely corrupted OST file of any size and covert even healthy OST file to PST file and saves it on location that you specify. You need not worry about the functionality of software as it works on read only mode and at the time of conversion process it will not alter original file rather takes information from it. Download free demo version of the software to convert OST to PST on Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and 2003 operating systems.
Follow these steps to remove cannot start OST file on Windows computer:
- Download Yodot OST to PST Converter software and install it to your Windows computer
- Soon after installation, launch the software to commence the conversion process
- Main screen shows two options which are “Open OST File” and “Find OST File”
- Choose first one if you know about the location of OST file; otherwise select second one
- Select the location where you want to save converted OST file
- Click on “Convert” option and start to convert OST file to PST file
- Once the conversion process is done, you will get a confirmation message about successful conversion of OST file
Instructions to Follow:
- Scan the attachment before opening as it might be infectious and damage OST file
- Do not synchronize OST file to Exchange Server when there is continuous fluctuation in power supply