Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Undelete your most important files and folders deleted or lost from system hard drive or external storage drives on Windows OS. This easy to use application for Windows OS can recover wide range of files from all storage media.
Resolve OST after ScanPST Tool Error
“Hi everyone, I use MS Outlook to manage my emails and other data of mail account in offline mode. However, couple of days back, Outlook stopped to work as the offline data file .ost was corrupt. Hence, I used inbuilt ScanPST repair tool to fix the issues with OST file. But, ended up with ScanPST error after which Outlook got terminated. Can someone please help me by providing absolute solution for this uneven situation? Please help”
MS Office Outlook, one of the most used email client on Windows desktops and laptops has gained popularity because of its unfold feature of offline working mode. With the presence of Exchange Server, Outlook users are facilitated to work in offline mode to perform tasks like send / receive emails, edit notes, tasks, etc. by creating offline folder file called as OST file. This file is an exact copy of mail account in Server, thus user can make any desired changes to this file that gets updated in Server when Outlook reconnects to network. However, as OST file is stored on system hard drive, chances of file corruption is more due to number of reasons.
The most common scenarios for Outlook OST file corruption are:
- Abrupt termination of Outlook while OST file is open
- Virus intrusion to the OST file when hard drive is infected by malicious malware
- Synchronization issues like loss of network connection while updating OST file in Server
- Incorrect configuration settings in the Outlook
- Invalid path specified to the OST file that Outlook is trying to open
- Improper way of export or importing OST file on to other systems
As Outlook OST file turns corrupt, user encounters varieties of error messages soon after opening Outlook. And also, various useful data from this file will be made inaccessible. In these instances, user tends to make use of inbuilt repair utility called ScanPST in order to repair corrupt OST file. But certain times, when corruption is severe this built-in repair tool fails to fix the damaged OST file and throws error. Hence, it is likely suggested to convert this erroneous OST file to healthy PST file using third party OST to PST converter tools.
Utility to convert OST to PST after ScanPST tool error:
Embedded with ultimate and secure conversion module, Yodot OST to PST Converter is the best tool to resolve the above mentioned problematic situation. This software is well designed to safely convert healthy or corrupt OST file of MS Outlook to PST file within a click. This application fixes all irregularities of any damaged OST file before converting it and then produces a healthy PST file, which is accessible on Outlook. This tool is capable of converting OST files created on Outlook associated with various versions of Microsoft Exchange Server like MS Sever 5.0, 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010. The OST to PST converter tool is compatible to work on Windows Vista, Windows 8, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 operating systems.
Follow these steps to easily convert OST file after Scanpst error on Windows:
- Download Yodot OST to PST Converter tool on to your Windows PC
- Install and run the software by clicking on desktop short or from Start menu
- In main screen, you will be given two options ‘Open OST file’ and ‘Find OST file’
- Click on appropriate option to select OST file located on your system hard drive
- In next screen select the destination location where you would like to save converted OST file at the end of the process
- Then click on Convert option to start the process of conversion
- After completion of this process, the output PST file will be accessible from the destination location
- Always maintain regular backup of updated OST file to get rid of OST file corruption issues
- Make use of powerful antivirus tool to eradicate malicious viruses
- While updating OST file with mail account in Exchange Server make sure there is complete network access to the system