Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Undelete your most important files and folders deleted or lost from system hard drive or external storage drives on Windows OS. This easy to use application for Windows OS can recover wide range of files from all storage media.
Conversion of OST File to PST on Windows 7
“My Outlook OST file is not responding whenever I try to open it hangs for a while and suddenly shows up a dialogue box that asks me to close it. If I close and reopen it, then same thing repeats. Someone please help me to resolve my problem by the way I am using a computer running with Windows 7 operating system.”
Sometimes you may face above situation while opening or viewing outlook OST file data on your Windows 7 PC. The most probable cause for this instance could be OST file corruption. Just look at various sources that leave Outlook OST file in corrupted state.
- OST file may get damaged if system gets shut down all of a sudden at the time of synchronizing OST file with Exchange Server
- Network connection is one of the main reasons behind OST file corruption. Failure of network connection due to low or lack of network connectivity and faulty network devices such as routers hubs, network cables, etc utilized for internet connection could result in OST file corruption
- In case OST file gets terminated unexpectedly during working or synchronizing then it might be risk to your OST file
- Software malfunction, virus attack bad sectors on and unexpected termination of OST file during working or synchronizing process might affect OST file
However, one can follow below detailed steps to convert OST to PST file manually without any hassle:
- First of all open Outlook and then click on “File” option which is present at the left upper end of the tool
- As soon as you hit upon “File” menu, you will find certain options displayed; press on “Import and Export” to continue
- The application now displays a windows from which you need to choose “Export to a file” option
- Choose "Personal Folder File (.PST)" and proceed further by clicking on "Next"
- Press on “Personal Folders” option which is present at the top of the list and then hit on "Include subfolders"
- Now all the components from OST file will be converted to PST file. Select required categories from the list, in case you want to convert only specific data like contacts or emails and again click on “Next
- Double click on “Browse” option and navigate to a folder on your computer hard drive where you want to save your PST file. Type a file name and at last hit upon “Finish” to complete the conversion process
This method helps only in case you want to convert healthy OST to PST file or when there is moderate corruption in OST file. But if the OST file is severely corrupted and it denies from opening, then you should utilize virtuous OST to PST Converter tool.
OST to PST Converter tool for Windows 7:
Yodot OST to PST Converter software works as a combatant in times when you are in need to convert corrupted or accessible OST file to PST on your Windows 7 computer. It is an extraordinary OST to PST file conversion application to access your precious emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes and other elements from inaccessible or healthy OST file by converting it to PST file format. This software will not alter your OST file, but extract every component and restores them to a new PST file. After completion of OST file conversion process, you will be able to preview its contents which have been restored. Other than Windows 7 OS, it also works well on Windows 8, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and 2003 versions of Windows operating systems. Download free trial version of OST to PST converter tool and judge about obtained results before buying it.
Steps to convert OST to PST file on Windows 7:
- First of all download Yodot OST to PST Converter software on your Windows 7 computer
- Install and then run it to commence the process of OST file conversion process
- On the main window, you will find two options which are “Open OST File” “Find OST File”
- Choose anyone according to the requirement
- Select the location where you want to save converted OST file
- Click on “Convert” button to start converting OST to PST file
- Once the conversion process gets completed, you will get a message indicating successful conversion of OST to PST
How to secure OST file from corruption?
- Close OST file only after clicking on Exit option
- Before synchronizing OST to Exchange Server, make sure that there is no problem with the internet connecting devices
- OST file may hang frequently and get corrupted when its size is very large, so keep on deleting unwanted mails and other data from it