Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Simple and easy to use Macintosh app designed to recover data from accidentally formatted Volumes, deleted or lost partitions. The simple Apple finder style display of data after recovery helps in locating and easy restoration of data.
Convert Bad OST to PST on Outlook 2007
“Hi all, I was trying to open my Outlook account configured on my computer. It is not getting opened and instead displaying error message, ‘Cannot open your default email folders. The file filename.ost is not an offline folder file’. I have really important data like my emails, tasks, contacts, etc. on my Outlook 2007 data file. Please help me to find a way to get back my data lost when Outlook 2007 OST file turns bad. Thanks in advance…”
You may get upset when your Outlook 2007 file turns bad and cannot be opened. This situation can happen at any point of time, so you can use Scanost.exe at that instance to fix problems in your Outlook 2007 OST file. In most of the cases, it is not possible to repair your bad Outlook 2007 OST file. Do not worry if Scanost.exe fails to solve problem, there is an alternate for this too. You can recover data from bad Outlook 2007 OST file by converting OST file to PST. Before knowing about solution, let us know about some causes for corruption of MS Outlook 2007 OST file that slowly shows bad behavior.
Scenarios in which Outlook 2007 OST file turns bad or shows unusual behavior are:
- Virus Infection: Virus or malware threats may infect Outlook 2007 OST file and which won’t open and shows error about its corruption
- OST File Size Limit: Outlook data file size is specified in each version of MS Outlook and its 20GB for Outlook 2007 OST file. When Outlook OST file exceeds its fixed file size limit due to accumulation of data, it turns bad and exhibits strange activities or becomes irresponsive
- Manual Backup: Sometimes you may need to migrate Outlook account to another PC and while doing so, you need to carry your Outlook 2007 data file to transfer to new PC by taking its backup. If you do it manually, then OST file may get corrupt and show weird errors upon trying to open it
- System Reboot: Your computer may start rebooting suddenly due to power fluctuations or sudden power failures; this sudden system reboot can have adverse effect on data saved on its hard drive including Outlook data file. Outlook 2007 OST file can become bad or stops responding when you open it next time
Irrespective of the cause that resulted in bad Outlook 2007 OST file, users can repair issue in bad MS Outlook OST file by converting it to PST file format using Yodot OST to PST Converter software.
Bad Outlook 2007 OST to PST Converter software:
Yodot OST to PST Converter software helps users to convert bad Outlook 2007 OST file to PST file for fixing issues with it. This program is capable to repair Outlook 2007 OST file and recover its attributes like Mails, Contacts, Calendar events, Tasks, etc. after changing bad OST to PST file. This application enables you get back Outlook 2007 PST file to working condition with its powerful scanning mechanism. This tool can be utilized to convert OST file to PST in Outlook 2003 along with Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2002, 2007, 2010 and 2013 versions. You can even convert healthy Outlook OST to PST file using this utility. This software is able to convert Outlook OST to PST file format on all PC and laptop hard drives working with on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 OS versions. Try demo version for more information regarding functionalities of this software.
Steps to convert bad OST to PST:
- Download Yodot OST to PST Converter and install it on your PC
- Run installed software and select either “Open OST File” or “Find OST File” to select bad OST file
- After selecting OST file, click on “Next” to get next screen
- Select destination path where you want to save converted OST file and click on “Convert” option
- Software starts scanning selected bad OST file and converts it to PST by fixing issues with it
- After completion of scan process, click on “Finish” button
- Go to the location where you had directed converted OST to PST file to be stored, to view data in it
- Always take backup of 2007 OST file using any software with proper method
- Use powerful antivirus software on your PC regularly to remove dangerous external threats