Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Simple and easy to use Macintosh app designed to recover data from accidentally formatted Volumes, deleted or lost partitions. The simple Apple finder style display of data after recovery helps in locating and easy restoration of data.
Conversion of Oversized OST to PST File
Hi, I own an enterprise and all the employees here use Microsoft Outlook for managing mail accounts on each system. Users are intended to use Offline data file OST to store all mail account data. But, one of the employees has failed to notice that OST file had reached its maximum file size limit of 2GB and continued use of Outlook has turned the file corrupt due to exceeding of OST file than its fixed file size limit. So is there any way to resolve oversized OST file and extract contents from that Outlook data file? Please help by suggesting good solution.”
If your Outlook OST file is oversized, then it is relevant to convert OST file to PST file format in order to re-access contents of OST file. Before knowing about best method to convert OST to PST file go through the factors that induce the need for OST to PST conversion.
Outlook enables its users to access and manage mail accounts in offline mode by creating OST file. OST file is the duplicate copy of mailbox in Exchange Server and all changes made to OST file on client system gets reflected in Exchange Server mailbox when internet re-connects. However, Outlook OST file on system drive can get corrupt and become inaccessible when OST file crosses its maximum size limit. Yes, every OST file will have limited memory space to hold mail data and when this file size limit is crossed, Outlook fails to load the OST file and thus user has to lose valuable data from it. In order to avoid oversize of Outlook OST file, one has to remove unwanted old information from it regularly or keep upgrading the Outlook version to increase maximum file size limit. Apart from OST file getting oversized, there are other reasons as given below due to which file gets corrupt:
- Abrupt termination of Outlook, sudden system shutdown and power loss on system while working with OST file can damage it severely
- Incorrect Outlook installation, migration and update process will have impact on OST file being opened in it
- Factors like bad media spots in the memory location where OST file is saved on system hard drive, invalid path, virus intrusion to hard drive and other software conflicts can corrupt OST file badly
- Sometimes, synchronization error between OST file and Exchange Server, incomplete network connectivity, error at Exchange Server, etc can even affect OST file
As OST file gets corrupt due to oversize or above mentioned factors; Outlook throws unknown errors when tried to access the mail account data. To resolve this conflict, one can perform OST file repair by using inbuilt integrity check tool called ScanOST. If this fails to fix the error, it is recommended to convert this oversized corrupt OST file to PST file using excellent convertor program.
Best tool to convert oversized Outlook OST file to PST:
Yodot OST to PST Converter is the ultimate option to convert inaccessible OST files to healthy PST file on Windows systems. This software has ability to extract contents of an oversized OST file and then convert it to accessible PST file in few mouse clicks. It is built by read-only algorithms and thus conversion process does not alter any data bits of the OST file. It can convert corrupt OST file to PST along with encrypted and orphaned OST file to PST file format in simple steps. Apart from corrupt / damaged OST file, this tool can also convert healthy OST to PST file effortlessly. Users can use this amazing tool for converting OST files associated with MS Exchange Server 5.0, 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010 versions. And this utility is compatible on computers or notebooks installed with Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 OS versions.
How to convert oversized OST file to PST? Here are the steps:
- Download the software on your Windows system that holds oversized OST file
- Install the tool and run it by following on-screen instructions
- In main screen, click on ‘Open OST File’ if you are aware of OST file location
- Else, click on ‘Find OST File’ to browse for OST file on system hard drive
- Click next and select the destination location to store converted PST file at the end of process
- Software repairs all errors of OST file and converts it to PST by clicking on ‘Convert’ button
- Converted outcome i.e. PST file will be saved in destination location and ready to access
- When any emails or mail attributes are not required, delete them from OST file so that it creates free space
- Before erasing any information from Outlook OST file be sure about e data being deleted as it will not get saved in Recycle Bin
- Preferably keep a copy of Outlook OST file to overcome errors or corruption of file