Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Undelete your most important files and folders deleted or lost from system hard drive or external storage drives on Windows OS. This easy to use application for Windows OS can recover wide range of files from all storage media.
Resolve Errors that Have Been Detected in Outlook.OST File
Almost all Outlook users are familiar with Outlook OST (Offline Storage Table) files and most of the users would have used OST file to work on Outlook in offline mode. The changes made by Outlook user in offline mode will be stored in OST file and are automatically synchronized with MS Outlook when connected to the Exchange Server. However, there are times where OST file gets corrupt and starts rendering error messages, while syncing with Exchange Server. Though MS Outlook has built-in utility named Inbox Repair Tool (Scanost.exe) to repair corrupt OST file, it cannot help you to fix severely corrupted OST file.
When you start the Outlook application you may receive error:
“Error has been detected in the file C:\Document and Settings\Username \Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair error in the file.”
This error message is a clear indication that OST file is corrupted. Some of the causes for OST file corruption are:
- Abnormal termination
- Virus and malware infection
- Synchronization problem
- Power failure
- If you have taken backup of OST file, then you can use it to replace the corrupt OST file
- If you don’t have backup of OST file, then you can try with Outlook’s in-built repair tool (Scanost.exe) to fix OST file
- However, if none of the above resolutions work then make use of third party OST to PST converter utility to convert corrupt OST file to accessible PST file
Software for converting OST to PST file:
Yodot OST to PST Converter is a perfect conversion tool which helps you to change OST file to useable PST file. Many email application users employ this OST file conversion tool to convert OST to PST file in order to resolve OST file issues for regaining access to their Outlook account. This application is capable of fixing errors in OST file during the conversion process. It is a read-only program that doesn’t modify the contents of the original OST file; instead it extracts the contents of OST file and re-generates a healthy PST that can be accessed with Microsoft Outlook. The conversion is very simple and you can restore all your Emails, mail attachments, Contacts, Calendar items, tasks, journals, notes and other Outlook OST items after converting OST to PST file on Windows system.
Recovery procedure for converting OST to PST file:
- Download and install Yodot OST to PST Converter software on your Windows computer
- Launch the software either by using shortcut icon on desktop or from Start menu
- In main screen you get two options i.e. “Open OST File“ and “Find OST File”
- Select “Open OST File” if you know the exact location of OST file on your system
- Else, select “Find OST File” to automatically find the location of OST file on your system
- In next Tab, you can select destination path to store the converted OST file
- Click on “Convert” button to start conversion process
- After conversion, you will receive confirmation message like “OST file conversion is successfully completed”
- Open your Microsoft Outlook application and import the newly created PST file to regain your data
- Regularly update your antivirus application in order to protect outlook files and folders from virus infection
- Keep an additional copy of PST file, so that it can be used when PST file gets damaged
- If you encounter any problem with PST or OST file, then first try to fix it using Scanpst.exe repair tool