Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Undelete your most important files and folders deleted or lost from system hard drive or external storage drives on Windows OS. This easy to use application for Windows OS can recover wide range of files from all storage media.
Repair OST File Error Exchange is Currently in Recovery Mode
Microsoft Outlook serves a great purpose in managing mail accounts on desktops usually in huge organizations where systems are connected to Microsoft Exchange Server. Outlook users, whose mail accounts are connected to Exchange Server, can efficiently work in offline mode by creating offline folder file called OST file. Any changes made to this offline data file will be synchronized with actual mail account in Server when connection is resumed. However, users encounter problematic issues while using OST file such as occurrence of error messages due to various reasons. One such error is “Exchange is currently in recovery mode”. So in this article, let us know about this error message in detail.
Microsoft Exchange Server Error:
“Exchange is currently in recovery mode. You can either connect to your Exchange Server using the network, work offline or cancel this logon.” This error message usually occurs when there is difference between cached copies of mailbox present on local system and the Exchange Server. Microsoft Outlook provides an option called ‘Cached Exchange mode’ for convenient and efficient synchronization and other offline operations. If this option is disabled and Exchange Server is reset, then Outlook creates a new OST file retaining the old OST file on local system as it is. Users have to toggle between old and new OST files to access required data in online and offline modes. If Cached Exchange Mode is enabled while working on Outlook and when Exchange mailbox is reset, then this error message gets displayed. As the error message gets displayed, it will give three options i.e. 1. Connect to Server (online mode) 2. Work offline 3. Cancel the logon operation.
- If Offline mode is selected, then user will access old OST file not the Exchange Server
- If user selects ‘Connect’ option then, Exchange Recovery mode will be exited automatically and Exchange Server can be accessed. To access old OST file, user should exit Outlook and start to work in offline mode
Apart from enabled Cached Exchange Mode, this error message can also occur due to the following reasons:
- Configuration issues in DNS (Domain Name System) server settings
- Improper network connectivity between client and the Server
- When client mailbox is moved to different Exchange Server
To resolve Exchange Recovery Mode error follow any of these methods:
Method 1: Disable Cached Exchange Mode and delete the OST file. Then restart Outlook and reset the Cached exchange mode back to enable status. To enable and disable Cached exchange mode, open Outlook -> go to tools -> Click for Account settings -> select the mail account -> select Change option -> disable Use Cached Exchange Mode option under Microsoft Exchange Server. To delete OST file go to -> control panel -> Mail -> Profiles -> click on delete and recreate new profile.
Method 2: In case of change of Exchange Server, create a new OST file because old OST file signature will not match with the new Exchange Server database. To do so, go to control panel - > user accounts -> Mail -> Select show profile -> Click Add and type the name of new profile -> Click OK.
Method 3: Convert OST file to PST file and access the data that was inaccessible.
Best tool to convert OST to PST file:
Yodot OST to PST Converter is the best tool to convert OST file that shows ‘Exchange is currently in recovery mode’ error message. This tool excellently retrieves Outlook mail elements from OST file by converting it to PST file without causing any damage to the file. You can utilize this tool to fix damaged / corrupted, password protected OST files that are inaccessible due to vivid reasons. The software can convert OST files associated to Microsoft Exchange versions 5.0, 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010 on all major Windows operating systems like Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, Server 2003 and 2008.
Steps to convert error showing Outlook OST file to PST file:
- Download Yodot Convert OST to PST application on your Windows system
- Install and launch the tool by following ongoing instructions
- In the main screen, you will find two options
- “Open OST File” – select this option if the location of OST file is known
- “Find OST File” – select this option if OST file location on system is unknown
- Next, select required destination location to save converted OST file
- By clicking on Convert, the software starts to convert and fix OST file errors
- After successful conversion, view the converted OST file in Outlook mailbox view
Be aware of these facts:
- Before creating offline data file in Outlook have necessary basic knowledge about OST file
- Get to know about how to access, synchronize and convert OST file without any errors to avoid OST file corruption
- Do keep a backup copy of offline data file in order to avoid unexpected scenarios of data loss