Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Undelete your most important files and folders deleted or lost from system hard drive or external storage drives on Windows OS. This easy to use application for Windows OS can recover wide range of files from all storage media.
Repair Not Working Outlook Data File
Microsoft Outlook, the most popular email client is used on various computer platforms to manage mail accounts with ease. Exclusive feature of Outlook is that it enables users to work in offline mode by creating offline folder file called OST. This Outlook OST file is duplicate copy of exchange Server mail box, saved in system hard drive just like PST file. User can send/ receive emails and perform other activities with Outlook OST data file; all these changes made to OST file will get reflected in Exchange Server mail box when network gets established. However, this OST file on client system drive is prone to corruption due to various reasons after which it refuse to open or work properly.
Some of the common reasons that corrupt Outlook OST data file are:
- Synchronization error: While synchronizing Outlook OST file contents in to Exchange Server mailbox, there should be proper internet connectivity. Poor / interrupted network connectivity will lead to synchronization error and corrupts OST file
- Malware intrusion: OST file saved on system drive can get corrupt when malicious viruses infect the file
- Outlook migrate or update process: Incorrect way of migrating Outlook from old version to newer version, improper way of import / exporting OST file, wrong Outlook configuration can damage it severely
- Software conflicts: Mal-functioning of Outlook application, incorrect Preferences settings of Outlook and abrupt termination of Outlook due to power shutdown or sudden power surge can all lead to damaged Outlook OST data file
In the instances when Outlook OST file gets corrupted or damaged, Outlook stops to work and users lose all valuable emails, contacts, tasks, etc. due to inaccessibility. Regardless of the issue with Outlook file, the right solution to fix Outlook data file not working is to convert that OST file to healthy PST file.
Convert not-working Outlook OST data file to PST file:
One of the best third party utility to convert not opening Outlook OST to useable PST file is Yodot OST to PST Converter program. This tool is capable of converting Outlook OST file that is not working / opening on Windows system in just a click. The strong repair modules of this program fixes all issues related to OST data file and converts it successfully to PST file without causing any further damage to the file. This convertor program is flexible to repair and convert OST files associated with Microsoft Exchange Server 5.0, 5.5, 2003, 2007 and 2010 versions. User can fix Outlook error OST file is not an offline folder file by converting it to healthy PST file using this software. Also, this tool can be utilized on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 2003 and Server 2008 operating systems to convert Outlook OST to PST file easily.
Procedural steps to use Yodot OST to PST Converter program:
- Download the software on your Windows computer in which OST file is saved
- Install the tool and run it to start with conversion process
- In main screen, click on Open OST File if you know exact location where OST file is saved on system drive
- Else, click on Find OST File option to search for the file
- After selecting required OST file from system hard disk, click next
- Software resolves all errors with the selected OST file
- Now, select destination location where you wish to save converted Outlook data file and click on Convert button
- Do not terminate Outlook application abruptly while OST file is open
- Always have good antivirus program to treat malicious viruses on system
- Maintain updated backup of OST file on external storage devices to fall back from file corruption scenarios