Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Undelete your most important files and folders deleted or lost from system hard drive or external storage drives on Windows OS. This easy to use application for Windows OS can recover wide range of files from all storage media.
Fix MS Exchange Errors in Background Synchronization
“When I try to synchronize Exchange Server mailbox with my Outlook offline folder I receive error “Task Microsoft Exchange Server reported error (0x00040820): ‘Errors in background synchronization….” I am unable to synchronize file with Exchange Server and it is very frustrating that mailbox is inaccessible due to this error. Can anyone suggest me on how to fix this synchronization error? Thanks in advance.”
Most of the Microsoft Outlook users encounter various unknown errors while accessing mailbox on Exchange Server and the above mentioned error is one of the critical OST file error. This Exchange Server error 0x00040820 is seen in all Outlook versions using Exchange 2003, when synchronization between Exchange mailbox and .ost file on desktop fails. So, let us see what are the main causes for this synchronization error in Outlook OST?
Exchange errors in background synchronization:
While trying to sync Exchange Server 2003 mailbox with the OST file on Windows system, user may encounter the error message, “Task ‘Microsoft Exchange Server’ reported error (0x00040820): Errors in background synchronization. In most cases, further information is available in a synchronization log in the Deleted Items folder.” Or else “Errors have been detected in the file ‘C:\........\*.ost’. Quit all mail-enabled applications and then use the Inbox Repair Tool.”
The main cause behind this error message is due to receiving bad email like virus infected or a message consisting of control characters in the email attachment that is not yet synchronized with OST file. Also, while using old versions of Outlook like 2000 / 2002 (in which OST file size was limited to 2GB), this error message used to pop up when user attempts to synchronize Exchange mailbox with .ost file that has crossed 1.82 GB file size (oversized).
Possible solutions to fix errors in background synchronization:
- Method 1: Recreate OST file by deleting the old file and reinstall the Outlook application.
- Method 2: Permanently delete all unwanted messages that has erroneous bits using Shift + Del keys
- Method 3: Move data from synchronized folder to a PST file and then delete data from that synchronized folder
At times, moving OST file data in to PST file cannot be easily carried out. So, one can make use of inbuilt Integrity Check tool to solve synchronization issues related to OST file. But, background synchronization errors cannot be fixed by using ScanOST. The best substitute would be to make use of OST to PST converter tool to move all Outlook attributes from .ost file to personal folder (.pst).
Which is the best converting tool for Outlook OST file?
One can go for Yodot OST to PST Converter tool that is recommended by most of the industry experts in order to transfer crucial mails and other data from Outlook OST file to PST file. This tool has caliber to extract entire Outlook items like emails, contacts, folders, journals, tasks, appointments, calendar events, etc. from corrupted and error showing OST files created with MS Exchange Server 5, 5.5, 2000, 2003 2007 and 2010 versions. One can securely convert damaged OST file to accessible PST file on computers running with Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and 2003 operating systems.
Procedure to convert OST to PST file:
- Download Yodot Convert OST to PST application on your Windows system
- Install and launch the tool by following ongoing instructions
- In the main screen, you will find two options:
- “Open OST File” – select this option if the location of OST file is known
- “Find OST File” – select this option if OST file location on system is unknown
- Next, select required destination location to save converted OST file
- By clicking on Convert, the software starts to convert and fix OST file errors
- After successful conversion, view the new PST file in Outlook mailbox view
- Always keep regular backup of updated Outlook mailbox to avoid data loss
- Make use of internet security to avoid harmful incoming mails that can corrupt entire mailbox