Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Simple and easy to use Macintosh app designed to recover data from accidentally formatted Volumes, deleted or lost partitions. The simple Apple finder style display of data after recovery helps in locating and easy restoration of data.
How to Convert Orphaned OST File to PST File?
Microsoft Exchange Server: From the instant you create Microsoft Outlook account each and every folder will be stored in Microsoft Exchange Server database. The copy of the Outlook files and folders are stored in an offline data file i.e. OST in your system hard drive. When there establishes connection between Outlook and Exchange Server, the OST file synchronizes with this server.
What make OST file as Orphaned?
Even Exchange Server administrators face a situation like accidentally deleting the mailbox or re placing the user Outlook account. In such condition user find that the Outlook OST file is no longer usable and it becomes orphaned. Have look on some other reasons for orphaned OST file:
- Hard drive failures at Exchange Server side may corrupt its database and makes respective OST files stored in it as orphaned
- By chance if you unknowingly change MAPI or domain setting in Outlook, then the corresponding OST file become orphaned
- The Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) and your Outlook profile contain an encryption key, which helps at the time of synchronizing OST file with Exchange Server. If this encryption key is lost from both MAPI and mailbox, then OST file synchronization fails. In such scenarios, the OST files become orphaned.
One can even re-establish the synchronization between your Outlook OST file and Microsoft Exchange Server in order to make orphaned OST files into a usable one within two steps as follows:
- Connecting the Outlook with original MAPI
- Connecting that MAPI address to original Microsoft Exchange Server
This manual method of reestablishing synchronization between the OST file with Server is possible, only if you have original MAPI address. If you fail to find out original MAPI address, then don’t worry!!! You can successfully convert orphaned OST file to healthy PST file in order to save your valuable Outlook account files and folders using Yodot OST to PST Converter application.
Orphaned OST to PST converter software:
Yodot OST to PST Converter application is primarily developed to convert your orphaned or unusable OST file into PST format. The software is built with advanced technologies and algorithms that even convert severely corrupted OST file to PST file and revives all Outlook OST file items such as emails, calendar items, contacts, reminders, journals, notes, etc on Windows PC. This tool is designed with read-only feature that helps to keep original Outlook OST file data intact. It’s compatibility with all Microsoft Exchange versions like MS Exchange 5.0, 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2010 and gains more popularity in converting orphaned OST to PST format. This utility works well with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 operating systems.
Steps to convert orphaned OST file to PST file:
- Download Yodot OST to PST Converter program and install it to your Windows system
- Setup the software and follow the guidelines provided on main screen
- In main screen you will get two options, "Open OST File” and “Find OST File”
- Choose "Open OST File" option to select your orphaned OST file. If you are unaware of OST file location, then click on “Find OST File” option to locate your unusable OST file
- Next, browse for the destination path to save the converted orphaned OST file to PST format
- Later, click on “Convert” button to begin the conversion process
- After completing the process, this utility gives a notification that reads as OST file conversion is completed
Instructions to be considered:
- Try to find and save MAPI address of your Outlook account
- Backup Outlook OST file on regular basis as it will help you at the time of unforeseen incidents as mentioned above
- Select appropriate utility to convert orphaned OST file to PST format