Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Undelete your most important files and folders deleted or lost from system hard drive or external storage drives on Windows OS. This easy to use application for Windows OS can recover wide range of files from all storage media.
Resolve Outlook 2010 Error This Data File Has Not Been Configured
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most efficient email client used in many corporate organizations. As, this application enables usage of mail account in offline mode by creating OST file; it is very beneficial for Outlook users of particular organization to securely carryout remote access emails and other mail attributes from their mail accounts.
Microsoft Outlook 2010 was included with many advanced features that were not present in its previous versions. But, unfortunately while using Microsoft Exchange Server OST file many users have come across error message saying that data file is not configured. And users do not understand what triggers this error message on Outlook 2010. So, let us know in brief about Outlook 2010 error’ this data file has not been configured’ on Windows computers.
Error in Outlook 2010: This data file has not been configured
This error message is usually encountered with Microsoft users having roaming profiles connected to MS Exchange Server in an organization. Roaming user profiles are saved on shared network wherein, users can access their Outlook profile from any computer which is connected to that shared network. Thus while performing this action many times users get error saying that your Outlook data file cannot be configured. Also, this error gets triggered when users imports Outlook OST file from one system to another and fails to configure completely on new system.
Causes for error message cannot configure data file in Outlook 2010:
Most of the common causes for ‘outlook 2010 error message this data file has not been configured’ include missing of OST file on the system where Outlook is running. If the system crashes while importing Outlook data file, then the process will be dismissed and Outlook may not configure the profile that you are looking for. Additionally when OST file gets corrupt due to virus infection, logical error, synchronization errors, abrupt termination, etc. it can display this error message when users tries to access their Outlook profile.
Handy remedies to solve this Outlook 2010 OST error:
To get rid of cannot configure Outlook 2010 data file error, one can follow the methods explained below:
- Reassure that path to the OST file that Outlook is looking for is present on the system
- Try to use inbuilt OST file repair utility i.e. Scanost.exe and fix the error
- Delete your.ost file from system and re-download the same from MS Exchange server
- Reinstall Outlook application and try opening your profile
- Change Outlook E-mail configuration settings in control panel. Just turn off Cached modus in the settings, terminate Outlook and then after launching Outlook turn cached modus On again
If the above mentioned resolutions cannot fix the error that encounters while trying to access OST file on your system, then it is recommended to make use of best OST to PST conversion tool.
Software to repair OST file error on Outlook 2010:
Make use of Yodot OST to PST Converter to fix error this data file has not been configured in Microsoft Outlook 2010 application and successfully access all mail attributes in few clicks. Software repairs all the irregularities with Outlook OST file and easily converts it to PST file that can be accessed by Outlook without trouble. The tool can convert healthy as well as corrupted Outlook OST data files from different versions of Microsoft Exchange Server like 5.0, 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010. User can implement this tool on Windows 8, Windows 7, XP, Vista, 2003 and 2008 OS based computers and laptops.
Steps for converting corrupt OST file to PST file on MS Outlook 2010:
- Download Yodot OST to PST Converter software on Windows system where OST file resides
- Then install and launch the tool by carrying out given instructions
- In the main screen, you will find two options called ‘Open OST File’ and ‘Find OST File’
- Select required option according to your need
- Further, provide a destination location to save repaired and converted Outlook file
- Then click on Convert button to trigger the process of conversion
- After completion of conversion process, go to the destination location to find converted file
- Before using OST file, ensure that the path is valid and Outlook can access the path
- Make proper network connectivity while syncing OST file with Exchange Server
- Avoid abrupt termination of system or Outlook application while working on OST file
- Make use of powerful antivirus software on your system to get rid of harmful virus infection