Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Undelete your most important files and folders deleted or lost from system hard drive or external storage drives on Windows OS. This easy to use application for Windows OS can recover wide range of files from all storage media.
How to Fix Oversized OST File to PST File in Outlook 2002?
What is oversized OST file problem?
Microsoft Outlook 2002 and lower versions limit the size of offline folder (OST) file to 2GB. When the file reaches or exceeds that limit, you will encounter the following errors:
- Cannot open or load OST file at all.
- You can see various error messages during the synchronization process.
- Cannot add any new data to the OST file.
- Cannot synchronize the OST file with Exchange Server.
Microsoft Outlook and Exchange Server have no built-in functions to rescue the oversized OST file. Microsoft only released several service packs so that when the OST file size approaches the 2GB limit, Outlook will show some errors and stops accepting new data. This service mechanism can prevent the OST file from getting oversized to certain extent and prevent OST file corruption. But once OST file exceeds its limit, you can’t do anything with the OST file such as send/receive emails, make appointments, write notes, synchronization etc. unless you remove bulk of data from OST file and compact it subsequently to reduce its size to less than 2GB. This is very inconvenient when OST file grows larger and larger.
The solution for oversized OST file is to split the oversized OST file into several smaller PST files. Each PST file contains a portion of the data in the original OST file, but it is less than 2GB and independent from each other, so that you can access it separately with Outlook 2002 or lower versions. But this method is little bit incontinent as you need to manage multiple PST files after split operation. You may still face the same oversized problem when any PST file reaches 2GB later.
Once your 2002 OST file becomes oversized, then it will get corrupted and you can’t access you Outlook profile. At this time, you need to convert OST file to PST file by using a professional OST to PST converter tool. This software will fix the corrupted OST file while converting it to accessible PST file. Later on, you can import the newly created PST file to regain you emails and other Outlook items.
Oversized OST to PST file conversion utility:
Yodot OST to PST Converter is especially designed to recover emails and all other components from Microsoft Outlook OST file. In process of recovering data from OST file, the OST to PST Converter tool scans Outlook OST file for any damage and if any damage is found then it rectify the problem and then converts OST to PST file. This software is a read-only tool that doesn’t modifies the original OST file during conversion process, rather it reads source OST file and converts it into a new PST file. The conversion is very simple and you can restore all your Emails, mail attachments, Contacts, Calendar items, tasks, journals, notes etc. after converting OST to PST file on Windows operating system.
Steps for using Yodot OST to PST Converter tool:
- Download and install Yodot OST to PST Converter software on your Windows computer
- Launch the software either by using shortcut or by from start menu
- In main screen you get two options i.e. “Open OST File“ and “Find OST File”
- Select “Open OST File” if you know the exact location of OST file on your system
- Else, select “Find OST File” to automatically find the location of OST file on your system
- In next Tab you can select a destination path to store the converted OST file
- Click on “Convert” button to start conversion process
- After conversion, you will receive a confirmation message like “OST file conversion completed”
- Open your Microsoft Outlook application and import the newly created PST file to regain your data
Things to Remember:
- Regularly take backup of your OST file as it may help you to restore your emails and other items when OST file is damaged
- Install efficient security application to protect OST file stored on your computer
- If you encounter any problem with OST file, then use built-in Scanost.exe tool to fix