Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Simple and easy to use Macintosh app designed to recover data from accidentally formatted Volumes, deleted or lost partitions. The simple Apple finder style display of data after recovery helps in locating and easy restoration of data.
How to Recover Contacts from Outlook OST File?
“Hello guys, I use Outlook in offline mode on my desktop. Along with emails, it holds all my business contacts, appointments, journals, notes, etc. However, today when I tried opening Outlook .OST file to carry out certain actions I incurred error that said OST file is corrupt and cannot be accessed. I am seriously worried about all my business contacts other than any other mail attributes that are stuck up in this corrupt OST file. So, can anyone suggest me how to recover Outlook contacts from .OST file that is not opening? Kindly help.”
There are many instances that can cause missing or loss of contacts and other Outlook items from OST file. Users should have necessary knowledge to manage Outlook in offline mode because any slight mistake can lead to complete Outlook data file damage and inaccessibility of all items. So, let us first look upon what are the different ways in which OST file can get corrupt:
- OST file eventually gets corrupted if it reaches maximum file size limit
- Incorrect configuration of Outlook, improper Outlook update / upgrade process can damage OST file
- Errors while synchronization of OST file with Exchange Server
- Malware attacks or bad sectors associated with hard drive where OST file is located
In these cases, Outlook OST file will become unreadable due to corruption and thus all its valuable contacts and other attributes will be out of reach. Fortunately, Outlook provides inbuilt integrity check tool, ScanOST to resolve various issues of OST file. But this tool is limited only to MS Outlook 2007 and earlier version as Microsoft removed it from Outlook 2010. Also, this inbuilt utility may fail to resolve OST file issues, if file is severely damaged. In these instances, modest way to fix OST file issues is to convert OST file into healthy PST file and extract all attributes with minimum effort.
OST to PST converter tool to restore contacts from .ost file:
Professional experts suggest using top ranked software to convert OST file to PST in order to retrieve contacts and other mail attributes from that file. One such utility is Yodot OST to PST Converter that is genuinely built for converting Outlook OST file to PST file. It can convert inaccessible OST file created using Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010 versions without causing any damage to file. It’s advanced read-only conversion process converts and extracts all mail items from Outlook OST file including contacts, emails, notes, journals, calendar events and many more. This program can even convert after OST file stops updating due to errors such as access is denied, cannot open your default email folders, Exchange Server error in background synchronization, internal error, invalid OST file error and so on. It is capable of converting both healthy and damaged OST file to PST file on Exchange Server 5.0, 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010 versions. This amazing program can be utilized on Windows PCs or desktops running with Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 operating systems.
Steps to retrieve contacts from Outlook OST file by converting it to PST format:
- Download Yodot OST to PST Converter software on your Windows system where Outlook OST file resides
- After complete installation, run the utility and wait for main screen
- Main screen gets displayed with two major options, “Open OST File” and “Find OST File”
- Click on first option, if you know where exactly Outlook OST file is saved on system drive
- Else, click latter option to search for OST file on computer hard drive using ‘Browse’ option
- Then, click next to proceed with conversion process
- Software scans selected OST file for any errors and converts it to new PST file format by extracting all contacts and other attributes from OST file
- When scanning is done, mention destination location to save converted OST file and proceed
- Browse for given location to find Outlook contacts in converted file
- Avoid instances that cause corruption to Outlook OST file in which important contacts are stored
- Make use of powerful antivirus tool to minimize virus infection to OST file on system drive
- Make sure that no error takes place while synchronizing Outlook OST file with Exchange Server