Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Undelete your most important files and folders deleted or lost from system hard drive or external storage drives on Windows OS. This easy to use application for Windows OS can recover wide range of files from all storage media.
How to Fix Error OST File Is Not an Offline Folder File?
“I am getting an error message, ‘Cannot open your default email folders. The file xxxx.ost is not an offline folder file’ when I try to send email on my Outlook application. I don’t understand what’s wrong with my Outlook and why is it showing this error message. I have lots of important email conversations, saved Contacts, Reminders of my important appointments and lot more. If anyone knows the way to fix this issue of Outlook OST file, then please help me.”
Don’t get upset!!! Nothing has happened to your OST file. This particular error message occurs on your Microsoft Outlook application at two instances. Firstly, when OST file is damaged and when it cannot be recognized by Microsoft Outlook. Secondly, if Microsoft Outlook cannot access the associated Exchange Server mailbox or stops synchronizing the Exchange mailbox offline folder with the system OST file. So beware of scenarios in which Outlook OST file gets corrupt, so that you can try to avoid OST file corruption.
When does OST file gets corrupt?
- When OST file grows beyond its fixed size limit then it gets corrupt. You should not go on adding data onto Outlook OST file
- If OST file is infected by dreadful viruses, then OST file gets corrupt and you lose access to data in it
Troubleshooting error OST file is not an offline folder file
To fix this error, first you must repair corrupted OST file or else you need to convert corrupted OST file to Outlook PST file. First you can try fixing Outlook OST file using Scanost.exe built-in tool present on your system to mend inaccessible OST file. If the problem still persists, then you can use third party tool to resolve “OST file is not an offline folder file” error of OST file. Yodot OST to PST Converter is considered as the best OST to PST conversion tool to convert OST to PST file and to fix corrupted OST file before converting it to PST file.
OST to PST converter tool:
Yodot OST to PST Converter helps you to convert damaged OST file to healthy PST file, from which user can access emails, mail attachments, Contacts, Calendar Items, Tasks, etc. This utility supports conversion of OST files created on Microsoft Exchange 5.0, Microsoft Exchange 5.5, Microsoft Exchange 2000, Microsoft Exchange 2003, Microsoft Exchange 2007, Microsoft Exchange 2010 servers. This tool works well and fixes various OST file errors on computers or laptops working with Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 operating systems.
Detailed procedure for OST files conversion and repair:
- Download Outlook OST to PST Converter and install it on Windows PC
- Choose any option from “Open OST File” or “Find OST File” on main screen of software
- Locate OST file and click on “Next”
- Select a location where you want to save converted OST file by browsing and click on “Convert” button
- Software starts conversion process and after completion of process you will get, “OST file conversion completed” message
- Keep compressing Outlook OST file regularly to free the memory space of deleted data and to prevent Outlook OST file growing beyond limit
- Perform periodic scan of your system to detect any threat by viruses and avoid OST file corruption