Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Simple and easy to use Macintosh app designed to recover data from accidentally formatted Volumes, deleted or lost partitions. The simple Apple finder style display of data after recovery helps in locating and easy restoration of data.
Convert OST File to Fix Error OST File is in Use and Cannot be Accessed
Every organization whether it is business, software, hardware and other firms, associated with an email client to communicate with other companies. If make study on this, most of the employers oat for Microsoft Outlook application. MS Outlook application provides many unique features such as working in offline mode using OST file (Offline Storage Table), setting reminders, storing detailed contact information and many more.
However, it is tough to find users who never face any troubles while accessing their Microsoft Outlook profile. As OST files is a replication of Exchange Server database, if Outlook OST files get damaged, then it becomes bit difficult to come out of the disasters like error warnings and Exchange Server issues. Some of the unexpected errors faced while using OST file are as listed below:
- OST file is in use and cannot be accessed. Close any of application that is using this file
- Outlook .ost is in use and cannot be accessed. Close any application
- Default Outlook profile ost is in use and cannot be accessed
- Cannot display the folder Outlook .ost is in use and cannot be accessed
- OST file is in use by another application
The reasons for this error message are:
- This error is displayed when Office Communicator 2005 and 2007 running in the background
- Low internet connection may even cause this error
- Improper synchronization of OST file with Microsoft Exchange Server
- If unauthenticated users or more than one user accessing OST file
In some scenarios, you can resolve this error message just by restarting your system. But, in some cases your OST file will be severely damage. In such instances, it is difficult to synchronize Outlook data from offline mode (OST file) to online mode (PST file) in order to access your Outlook account. To overcome this situation, here it is suggested to use renowned application called Yodot OST to PST Converter.
Solving OST file is in use and cannot be accessed error
Yodot OST to PST Converter utility is predominantly developed to convert your unusable OST file into an active Outlook PST file, using highly developed technologies. The software fixes Outlook error messages, Microsoft Exchange Server problems and other related issues. It can recover all Outlook OST file objects such as emails, contacts, calendar items, reminders, notes, journals, etc on Windows system. This utility do not stipulate any prior technical knowledge in order to convert damaged OST file to PST files, as the software is designed with simple and interactive graphical user interface. It works flexibility with all Microsoft Exchange versions like MS Exchange 5.0, 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007 and 2010. You can operate this application on different Windows operating systems such as Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 and 2008.
Steps to convert OST to PST file after “OST File is in use and cannot be accessed” error:
- Download Yodot OST to PST Converter tool and install it to your Windows PC / laptop
- Launch the application and follow the instructions provided on main screen
- In first screen you will find two options, "Open OST File” and “Find OST File”
- Click on "Open OST File" option to select your OST file, if you aware about its location otherwise select “Find OST File” option in order to search for your OST file
- Browse for the target location to save the converted OST to PST file
- Then, click on “Convert” button to start up the conversion process
- The application initiates converting the OST file, after completing the process you will get a notification message like “OST file conversion completed”
- Try to resolve any issues regarding OST file as soon as possible, otherwise you may face sever data loss
- Choose relevant application to convert OST to PST file in order to avoid further corruption of OST file