Fix corrupt PST or OST files created using different Microsoft Outlook versions. Read-only software to repair damaged PST files without changing source PST file and generates a new healthy PST file after the repair process.
Undelete your most important files and folders deleted or lost from system hard drive or external storage drives on Windows OS. This easy to use application for Windows OS can recover wide range of files from all storage media.
Convert Severely Damaged Outlook OST File to PST
Outlook application introduced by Microsoft is basically used as an email client and the files of Outlook application are stored in PST file format. Microsoft Outlook also uses cached mode known as offline mode. Offline mode is used when network is not available. It allows you to access the data files and changes which are made to the files are updated when the application is connected to the Exchange Server. However OST files can get damaged due to software or hardware issues. Many users prefer using Inbox Repair Tool whenever OST file is damaged. But if the OST file is severely damaged, then you may not get expected result and furthermore, you may lose some data from existing OST file. At such instance, you should repair OST file by converting it to PST file on Windows computer.
What causes severe damage to OST file?
- If there are problems with network interface cables, routers or other devices constituting the network while synchronizing OST file with the server, then the synchronization process might get aborted and it may leave your OST file in damaged state
- In case power failure occurs at the time of accessing or synchronizing the OST file then OST file is likely to get damaged
- Dangerous viruses will infect and damage the Exchange OST file and make its data inaccessible
- OST file is prone to be damaged if you terminate it abnormally without clicking on “Exit” option
- You will lose access to OST file in case you forcefully turn off the computer when OST file is open from background
As said earlier, you can get rid of OST file issues by converting it to PST file. Although Microsoft has provided manual way to convert OST file to PST, this method does not work if you are looking to fix severely corrupted OST file. Therefore make use of prominent OST to PST Converter to resolve issues while converting OST to PST file.
OST to PST Converter application:
Yodot OST to PST Converter is a complete solution to solve issues in severely damaged OST file to PST. This application can successfully converts OST file connected to Microsoft Exchange versions 5.0, 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013. The conversion process does not take more time and you will be able to recover emails, Contacts, Email attachments, Calendar Items, Tasks and other items after converting OST to PST file. More to this, it has the ability to convert even password protected or encrypted OST file that is severely damaged on any Windows computer or laptop working with Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 operating systems.
Method to convert PST file to OST file:
- Download and install Yodot OST to PST Converter software on your Windows computer
- Launch the software either by using shortcut icon on desktop or from Start menu
- In main screen, you will get two options i.e. “Open OST File“ and “Find OST File”
- Select “Open OST File” if you know the location of OST file on your system
- Otherwise select “Find OST File” to automatically find the location of OST file on your system
- In next window, you can select destination path to store the converted OST file
- Click on “Convert” button to start conversion process
- Upon conversion, you will receive confirmation message that OST file conversion is successfully completed
- Open your Microsoft Outlook application and import the newly created PST file to regain your data
How to minimize OST file damage?
- Install quality anti-virus software to protect your Outlook and Exchange email system
- See that there are no interruptions while you are synchronizing OST to the exchange server