Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Repair 0x80040600 Error In Outlook
Being an Outlook user has many benefits and advantages, but it’s also quite a frustrating situation when you come across errors while using Microsoft Outlook. The common error message encountered by most of its users is “Receiving reported error (0x80040600): Unknown Error 0x80040600”. This error message indicates that the Outlook data file (PST) has become corrupt.
Personal Storage Table (PST) is like databases for Outlook; they store elements like email messages, calendars, contacts, notes, entries, tasks and everything else. Additionally there is Send / Receive feature in this application which allows MS Outlook application to check mails every time you open it. These PST files get corrupt due to many reasons like virus attack, software failure, MS Outlook improper termination, PST file size limit, sharing PST on different network and many more. However there are few remedies to combat these forms of errors and corruption. Some of the remedies are mentioned below.
Outlook error 0x80040600 is an issue, usually related to problems while trying to read, receive or send emails. The first thing you must do after encountering such error message is try restarting Outlook or restart the system. If restarting Outlook or restarting the computer doesn’t fix the problem. Then use the default “Inbox Repair Tool” to fix the corrupted PST file. Procedure to fix corrupt Outlook PST file using the tool is given below:
Open “Start” menu -> “Run” -> Launch the Scanpst.exe (Inbox Repair Tool) by typing the path of the tool i.e. drive name: \Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\Locale ID\scanpst.exe and click OK -> A message box pops-up -> Enter the file name and the path of the corrupt PST file and click on “Start” button.
However the inbox repair tool takes long time to fix corrupt PST file depending on the file size and the rate of corruption. The tool also fails to repair severely corrupt PST file and by further using this tool will result in email loss and deletion. So if the first two remedies don’t work then it is highly recommended to use a repair utility like Yodot Outlook PST Repair to fix Outlook error 0x80040600.
About the software
Yodot Outlook PST Repair is an all in one repair software, which rigorously scans and fixes severely corrupt PST file and by default recovers all the deleted items like Contacts, Notes, Calendars, emails, Journals, etc. The best thing about using this application is that it doesn’t add or delete any content of the Outlook file during repair process. Furthermore the software is compatible to run on all the latest versions of Outlook including Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007 and Outlook 2010.
Procedure to eliminate error 0x80040600 using the software
- Download Yodot Outlook PST file Repair software and install the repair tool to your system
- Open the software and follow the onscreen steps
- Choose the options which suits your needs like
- Use “Open PST file” option to browse and select the corrupt PST file
- Or Use “Find PST File” option to search for the PST file
- Or choose “Outlook Profile” option to select a particular Outlook profile, if you’re having multiple Outlook profiles
- After the selection, the tool allows you to select two scanning techniques
- Select “Normal Scan” method to fix PST file with minor corruption or choose “Smart Scan” method to fix PST file with severe corruption
- The application starts the repair process
- Allow the scanning process to finish, after completion the software displays the recovered items in Outlook styled interface
Things to Remember
- Always make a backup of your PST file, before trying to repair it or upgrade Outlook version
- Avoid uncertain terminate MS Outlook and stop using Outlook when you suspect about PST file corruption
- Delete unwanted emails and other data from PST file to avoid PST file from exceeding its fixed file size limit
- Update your antivirus program to remove deadly viruses which causes corruption