Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
How to Repair Corrupt PST File after CRC Error?
“Hi all, I need a solution for my problem. Yesterday while copying PST file from local computer to external hard drive I got an error message like “Cannot copy. Data error (Cyclic redundancy check)” How can I resolve this problem? Any suggestion would be appreciated greatly.”
Well, the above error message displays when there is any bad spot on your hard drive. The fact that you are getting it when you try to copy a file indicates that the bad spot may be within the file itself. Also, sometimes when you download emails using Microsoft Outlook application then this error emerges on the Outlook screen. It indicates that the PST file is corrupted. PST file inaccessibility is the sign of this critical corruption case. Therefore to overcome this problem, you have to make use of good software to repair it without damaging the source file.
Facts accountable for CRC errors in Outlook PST are:
- Sharing the PST file on a network or after upgrading the Outlook version
- PST file becomes inaccessible when it is infected with harmful viruses
- Abrupt termination of Outlook due to power fluctuation or sudden system shutdown while you are working on it
- Bad sectors on hard drive is another cause for CRC errors
- If your computer crashes while Outlook was running or even worse, while writing data to your PST file
Inbox Repair Tool is an inbuilt tool to repair Outlook errors but this tool fails to work or refuse to open when it is severely corrupted and pops up some error messages. However, if you find yourself in a situation where you cannot solve the issue, get Yodot Outlook PST Repair software installed, which can solve out any kind of error or corruption including CRC error occurred with the PST files. This is one kind of PST fixer where the data will be deeply scanned and repaired healthily by fixing the index errors and solving other issues with PST file. This software automatically finds the damaged part of the PST file and repairs it. It resolves the Outlook problems and fix CRC error in PST file. After scanning and repairing, the restored PST file contents can be stored in the desired location accessible to the host OS.
- First of all download Yodot Outlook PST Repair application on your Windows system
- Once the download process gets completed, run it to start the repair process by following the instructions displayed on the screen
- You will find three options on the main screen namely Open PST file, Find PST file, Select Outlook profile
- Select the PST file based on the situation
- On the next screen, you can see two scan options namely, “Normal Scan” and “Smart Scan”
- Select “Normal scan” when there is minor corruption
- Select “Smart Scan” when there is severe corruption of PST file
- Now select the desired location in order to store the new PST file
- Click on “Repair” button to initiate the scanning process
- As soon as the repair process gets completed, the software will show the repaired files in a Outlook styled menu
- Finally a window will open that display the total no of repaired emails, Tasks, Notes, Contacts, Calendar Items, etc.
- Always backup your Outlook data. This will help you to restore the entire PST data when any data loss situation occurs
- Install good antivirus software and run a scan at regular intervals to detect and clean up all the dangerous viruses out of your system
- Exit Microsoft Outlook properly to avoid any type of corruption to PST