Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
How to Resolve PST File Has No Data Error?
“Need quick help!! My Outlook profile on desktop is telling that .pst file has no data. The strange thing is the file has around 400MB data in it. So, I think the PST file is damaged hence I’m getting this error message. However, as a normal computer user I could not track the cause behind this error. Can anyone please suggest me what is this error about, how it triggers on Outlook and the right solution to fix it? Thanks in advance.”
Microsoft Outlook is the most advantageous email client on Windows computers that has gained much popularity because of its simplified strategy of managing mail accounts on desktop. The emails,contacts, journals, notes, calendar evens, etc. of one’s mail account get saved under .pst file on system hard drive. Unfortunately,this PST file can get corrupt under numerous instances and result in erroneous situation as mentioned above “.pst file contains no data”.
Outlook Error: .PST file has no data
This error message is encountered soon after opening the user profile on Outlook. PST file holding all attributes of Outlook will show up as the file contains no data. The factor behind this error message on Outlook is PST file corruption. Outlook PST file may get corrupt due to reasons like:
- Unreliable changes made to Outlook configuration settings
- Damage to PST file header
- Creation of bad media spots on the hard drive that holds PST file
- Malware impact to the system hard drive
- Irregular way of terminating Outlook
- Errors while re-installing operating system on computer
- Incorrect way of migrating / updating MS Outlook version
When PST file gets corrupt / damaged due to any of these reasons on Windows system, then it may throw pst file has no data error message. However, user might not panic thinking that entire valuable data is in vain because, this error on Outlook can be easily fixed within few mouse clicks.
Best way to fix .PSTfile has no data error on Outlook:
By employing the most effective PST file repair tool it is possible to fix pst file has no data error and retain all inaccessible Outlook attributes with ease. One such eminent tool is Yodot Outlook PST Repair. This software has caliber to repair severely corrupted or damaged PST file after various catastrophes. It can fix PST files that are password protected, oversized / large sized and created on MS Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 versions. Also, the tool can successfully repair OST file that shows various errors due to corruption. The software can even bring back deleted items from MS Outlook like emails, contacts, notes, appointments, etc. One can utilize the tool on Windows OS based PCs and laptops working with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 OS operating systems.
Steps to mend PST error file has no data:
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair software on to your Windows system where PST file resides
- Install and launch the tool by following given instructions
- In the main screen, you will see three options, Open PST, Find PST and Select Outlook Profile
- Click on appropriate option to choose error showing PST file based on your need
- Then click on Find button to browse for required PST file from system hard drive
- Mention the mode of scanning between Normal scan and Smart scan options
- Then, mention destination location to save repaired PST file after completion of repair process
- Click on Repair button and trigger the repair process
- Software takes few seconds to fix all errors associated with selected PST file and saves it in target location
- Now, Outlook attributes of fixed PST file will be shown in Outlook styled interface
- Always have accurate backup ofrecent PST file before performing any tasks on Outlook
- Do not terminate Outlook application by wrong procedure that may corrupt the PST file