Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Fix Outlook PST after ScanPST Olmapi32.dll Error
“I have upgraded operating system from Windows Vista to Windows 7. My system is working fine after upgrading but Outlook is no longer able to function normally. Sometimes it used to open and crash and other times it refuse to open. In most cases, I was presented with the error message that “OLMAPI32.dll is not compatible with Outlook”. I tried backing up important data but not able to do because of this error message. Anyone has idea on how to overcome such error message?
Do not get furious by seeing such error message, because this error occurred as you did not replace the OLMAPI32.dll file when operating system was upgraded. The DLL file is installed by Outlook but is not configured to work with the operating system. It means that it is attempting to bridge communication between Outlook and Vista even though the operating system is now Windows 7. So to overcome the issue of above error, you have to replace OLMAPI32.dll file with the new one. Go as per the steps given below to resolve it.
- Click on start then computer; now double click on “Local Disk (C)”. Choose “Program files” then select Microsoft Office
- Now go to Add or Remove Programs and repair the Microsoft Office Suite. This will install a version of OLMAPI32.dll that works with Windows 7 and Outlook
But even after using this method, often the PST file becomes damaged and must be repaired. It can be done by running Scanpst.exe which can be found in C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033. But sometimes it may so happen that whenever you try to access the Scanpst.exe file, then you may come across error message that “scanpst.exe-unable to locate component; The software has failed to start because OLMAPI32.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.”
After getting this error message the problem remains unresolved and now the need is to solve the issue by using other method. But for that it is important to find out the reason that is causing this type of error message. Few reasons are missing OLMAPI32.dll from the folder of Outlook, damaged Outlook installation, problems while updating MS updates, etc.
Outlook PST Repair Tool
Hence in this situation when Inbox Repair Tool cannot help, you have to use third party repair software to get your PST file repaired and work fine. One such software that can assist you to repair corrupted PST after Scanpst error OLMAPI32.dll is Yodot Outlook PST Repair. This software can solve the issue in few minutes and present healthy PST file for you. The application successfully repairs PST file and by default recovers all Outlook elements like emails, Contacts, Journals, Attachments, Tasks, Notes, Calendar Items, Sent Items, personal folders, etc, which are saved in new PST file. It can fix severely corrupted PST files with the help of two scanning methods having extremely high success ratio. It can effectively repair PST file that has been generated by Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 versions on Windows OS.
Procedure to fix PST after Scanpst error OLMAPI32.DLL:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair application to your Windows computer
- Close Microsoft Outlook completely before starting the repair process
- Run the software and follow the instructions given on the screen
- Choose any one from the three options shown on the main screen
- Open PST file: In case you know the PST file location
- Find PST file: Find the PST file by making use of this option
- Select Outlook Profile: Open PST file related to a specific Outlook profile with the help of this option
- Now choose the suitable scanning method
- Normal scan: Select this method at times of minor PST file corruptions
- Smart scan: Opt this method at times of severe PST file corruptions
- Browse and choose the destination location to store the new PST file
- Click on the “Repair” button and initiate the scanning process
- After the repair process ends, the software will show the repaired PST file in a Outlook styled menu
- At last you can see a new window showing the total no of recovered emails, Tasks, Contacts, Notes, Calendar Items, etc.
- It is advised to keep backup of important files before upgrading operating system
- See that there are no interruptions while OS updating process is going on