Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
PST Repair after ScanPST MSMAMP31.DLL Error
You were using Outlook 2003 and in order to get better features you have upgraded it to Outlook 2007. But when you tried to open Outlook you got an error message stating that “PST file is corrupted. Run Scanpst". After getting this message you tried to repair your PST file by using Inbox Repair tool, but surprisingly you got another error message like “This application failed to start because mapi32.dll was not found. Re-installing the software may fix this problem." At that point you may not understand what does this Mapi32.dll error mean and why your system is displaying such message.
However, the Mapi32.dll is nothing but Dynamic-Link Library is a file, which is used by many different email applications and can be written over if you have installed an email program in addition to Microsoft Outlook. The mapi32.dll error happens when upgrading Microsoft Outlook for example, from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 or when moving from Outlook 2007 to Outlook 2003. This error may also happen if you uninstall and then reinstall Outlook 2007 on a computer that previously had Outlook 2003. During the process of up gradation or installations, the mapi32.dll file will be not replaced and it causes incompatibility issues. Microsoft has recognized this issue and supplied a fix together with the Windows operating system. In order to fix the problem follow the instructions given below:
- Click “Start” Which you can see at the left side of the Window
- Click “Computer” and go to the C drive.
- Navigate to “Program Files”, then “Common Files”, then “System”, then “MSMAPI” and then the “1033” folder.
- Right-click the file “Msmapi32.dll” and click “Rename”
- Rename the file as “Msmapi32.old” It serves as a backup of the file
- Start Microsoft Outlook. When Outlook is started, one of the files looks for the “Msmapi32.dll” If Microsoft Outlook does not find the file then it repairs itself and recreates the file that's compatible with the current Outlook version
You may not get Mapi32.dll error again, but what if the PST file that got damaged during the up gradation, does not get repaired? In that situation, you have to look for an authorized PST Repair tool such as Yodot PST Repair.
How Yodot PST Repair Helps to Repair Your File?
The software like Yodot Outlook PST Repair can help you out to repair PST after MSMAPI32.DLL error by scanning it and in this way fixes it without damaging further. This PST file software comprises two powerful scanning modes i.e., Normal Scan and Smart Scan, which helps to recognize status of PST file corruption. This software also completely maintains data integrity of the email items in the repaired PST files. Trial version helps you to know more about the software, so that you can illuminate its features before you buy. You can repair corrupt PST files and preview them. But in order to save repaired PST files in local Windows Server, you must purchase complete version.
Steps to repair Outlook PST file after Scanpst MSMAPI32.DLL error:
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair software in to your computer and install it
- Once the software gets installed, run the software in order to start the recovery process
- Choose the option “Open PST file” if you already know the location of PST file
- Pick “Find PST file” option, if you are not aware of the PST file location
- Choose the option “Select Outlook profile” in order to open the PST file if you have several Outlook profiles
- Browse for the desired path and click on “Repair”. This option not only repairs, but also recover all the emails that you have deleted
- After the completion of the process, you are able to view not only emails but also other stuffs such as Contacts, Notes, Journals, etc.
- Select the desired one and ignore the unwanted one
Tips for Future use
- Keep the backup of PST file before upgrading Outlook version
- Carefully execute any operation such reinstallation or up gradation to avoid PST file corruption due to human miss-operations
- Use reliable anti-virus software in order to protect your PST file from the attack of any kind of external threats