Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Fix Broken Outlook Personal Folders (PST) File in MS Outlook 2010
As a most powerful and diverse featured email client, Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 has become vital application for people who are involved in sending/receiving emails and managing their professional as well as personal data efficiently. Also, many users found it very easy to access MS Office Outlook 2010 application due to its simple interface and advanced set of options. However, often Outlook 2010 users face problems due to various reasons.
For example, assume a situation wherein you come across an error message that reads “Set of folders cannot be opened” soon after launching Outlook 2010 application. Afterward, when you tried to re-launch MS Outlook 2010, it denies you to log into Outlook 2010 profile and this error halts you from accessing personal folders stored in Outlook 2010 PST file. Well at times, Outlook 2010 users encounter difficulties while using it as assumed previously, because like other files even Outlook 2010 personal folders (PST) file may get damage and became main reason for malfunctioning of Outlook. Once personal folder file get broken due to corruption issues or error messages, you cannot access data from respective PST file of Outlook 2010 no matter how hard you try.
Some of common reasons for broken Outlook personal folders (PST) file in Outlook 2010:
- Broken header of Outlook 2010 personal folders file caused due to harmful virus attack, improper termination, application malfunction, etc may corrupt that file
- If personal folders (PST) file reaches its fixed file size limit in Outlook 2010, then it might get broken and severely corrupt
- Sharing PST file of Outlook 2010 over unsecure computer network unknowingly sometimes result in its damage
Broken Outlook 2010 personal folders PST file repair utility:
Make use of specialized PST repair such as Yodot Outlook PST Repair on Windows system to fix broken Outlook personal folders (PST) file in Outlook 2010. This tool can repair broken Outlook 2010 PST file that is showing abnormal behaviors and thereby helps to recovers inaccessible personal folders like inbox, sent items, contacts folder, calendars items, notes and other folders successfully. Along with broken PST file of Outlook 2010, you can also fix when Outlook 2010 does not recognize OST file with ease. Including Outlook 2010, this application even repairs PST file corruption on Outlook 2000, Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2007 versions. Additionally, you can run this program on Windows laptop or desktop running with Windows 8.1, 8, 7, 2008, 2003, XP and Vista operating systems.
Steps to fix broken Outlook personal folders (PST) file in Outlook 2010:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair software to Windows system
- Run installed application and start repair process as per on screen instructions
- Select any of three options from first screen:
- Click on “Open PST file” option to select broken Outlook 2010 personal folder (PST) file, if you know its exact location (or)
- Choose “Find PST file” option to search for broken personal folders file (or)
- Use “Select Outlook Profile” option to open a particular personal folders file (PST) file if you have Outlook 2010 multiple account
- Choose the appropriate scanning method among “Normal Scan” and “Smart Scan”
- Next, browse for destination location to save repaired Outlook 2010 personal folders file and click “Repair”
- After repair process get over, this program will display fixed personal folders (PST) file of Outlook 2010 along with mailbox items, contacts, notes, reminders, journals and others
Things to Remember:
- Terminate Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 application before PST repair process
- Use antivirus program on Windows system to keep Outlook 2010 personal folders (PST) file and other files virus free
- Backup Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 PST file on weekly or monthly basis