Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Solve Cannot Expand Outlook Folder Error
“When I try to set up another mailbox to my Outlook folder list, I get the error message ‘Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened.’ Even, this error not is letting me to access data in my Outlook profile. Please someone help me in fixing this error? Thanks”
Most used and secure email client i.e. Microsoft Office Outlook sometimes creates troubles to its users with unknown or complex error messages as mentioned in above scenario. Generally, the error ‘Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened.’ Or’ Unable to expand the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location.’ pop up when you have not enabled "Folder Visible" option for another mailbox while trying to add mailbox from another computer or while attempting to open shared folder like contacts folder in mailbox. In order to troubleshoot this error just set “Folder Visible” option for mailbox that contains the folder which you intended to share / access.
However, this error badly impact on Outlook PST file when your Outlook profile filled with plenty of mailbox items, public folders, contacts, notes, reminders and many more elements. This perhaps can cause corruption to Microsoft Outlook PST file and make respective Outlook profile inaccessible. In case, you have lost access to confidential and essential Outlook folders after ‘Cannot expand Outlook folder’ error, then don’t worry!! Make use of suitable Outlook PST file repair tool in order to regain access to various Outlook PST elements.
Utility to fix cannot expand Outlook folder error:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair tool is particularly designed to fix Outlook PST file that has become unreadable due to error like ‘Cannot expand Outlook folder’ on Windows computer. This tool is designed with resourceful scanning technology to detect and fix corruption issues in Outlook PST file after cannot expand Outlook folder error. One can also fix PST file has no data error, Outlook PST do not have permission to open error, Outlook does not recognize PST file error, set of Outlook folders cannot be opened error, Outlook data files not responding error and many more errors. This program mends corrupt or inaccessible Outlook PST file and recovers all mailbox elements such as contacts, reminders, journals, notes, etc. This application also repairs various logical errors in PST file & OST file on various version of Microsoft Office Outlook application like Outlook 2000, Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010. You can run this software on Windows desktop or laptop having Windows 8.1, 8, 7, 2008, 2003, XP and Vista operating systems.
Steps to fix error cannot expand Outlook folder:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair utility to Windows computer
- Run the installed application and initiate the PST file repair process
- Select any of the three options from main screen “Open PST file”, “Find PST file” and “Select Outlook Profile” option to open Outlook PST file
- Later, tick the check box before “Normal Scan” or “Smart Scan” scanning method
- Then browse for destination location to save fixed PST file data and click “Repair” button
- On completion of repair process, this program will display repaired Outlook PST file and its elements like mail, contacts, tasks, notes, journals, etc
Things to Remember:
- Try to get complete information about any activity that you going to perform in Outlook to overcome logical errors
- Archive Outlook PST file contents or delete unnecessary Outlook elements to avoid errors or various common issues
- Backup MS Outlook PST file on daily or weekly basis on secure storage space