Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Resolve Cannot Open Exported PST File Access Denied Error
“After exporting PST file from backup that I had stored on external hard drive, I received access denied error whenever I try to open Outlook. I had exported PST file correctly, even then I am getting this error. All my valuable emails, calendar events, etc. are residing in this error showing PST. How to fix cannot open exported PST file access denied error on Microsoft Outlook? Can anyone suggest me the best solution?”
Microsoft Outlook data files (PST and OST) can be exported and imported with the built-in options provided by Outlook. Usually, Outlook users will export PST file to backup mail items. Exporting an Outlook data file is very simple; it can be done by following this method:
Go to File, click on Options and select Advanced Options. Then select Export to a file and then choose the Outlook data file (.pst) from which data has to be exported to other file. Select the account, folders and all subfolders from this data file and click next. Then mention a name for the file and choose a location to save this exported file.
Apart from taking backup, there are other scenarios too that force users to export Outlook PST file:
- Before formatting or reformatting system hard drive
- When OS has to be reinstalled
- To move Outlook from one desktop to another
Though exporting serves a good purpose in moving and taking backup of Outlook data, one may encounter troubles in accessing exported Outlook PST file, when that file is badly damaged. Possible reasons that can corrupt exported Outlook PST file are harmful malware intrusion, incorrect procedure of exporting PST file, presence of bad sectors in the location where exported PST file is saved or incorrect path specified and when already damaged PST file is been exported. When user tries to open corrupt exported PST file in Outlook, error may get displayed saying Cannot open exported PST file access is denied. This error can be resolved if there is backup of healthy PST file; otherwise one has to rely on advanced PST file repair utility.
Outlook exported PST file repair software:
Use of Yodot Outlook PST Repair software can provide best results in bringing back access to exported PST file that is unreadable due to file damage. Repair strategies used to build this software is engineered by professionals to safely repair affected PST file without causing any further damage to its contents. This software is capable of fixing unreadable, broken as well as error showing PST and OST files on Microsoft Outlook 2010. It can even fix error importing PST file into Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, 2003 and 2000 application versions with ease. In addition, this tool can extract each element of Outlook data file like emails, tasks, notes, contacts, calendar events, etc. even if they are deleted or lost from Outlook data file. One can use this wonderful utility on Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 and 2003 OS based computers.
Follow these steps to resolve cannot open exported Outlook PST file error:
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair software on your Windows system where exported PST file is not opening
- After complete installation, launch this tool to see its main screen with three major options
- Open PST file – select this when you are aware of exported Outlook PST file location
- Or go for Find PST file – to search the exported PST file on system hard drive
- If your Outlook has multiple profiles and you are not sure which is your exported PST file, then go with Select Outlook Profile option
- After browsing for required PST file, hit next and choose scanning mode
- Further, choose the destination folder where you wish to save repaired PST file
- Moving on next, software will neatly scan error showing exported PST file and resolves its issues
- Resulting healthy PST file will be ready to access in destination location once you purchase license key
- Always update your anti-virus application to avoid virus attack on your PST files
- Better to take backup of your PST files, before upgrading the MS Outlook tool