Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Repair Cannot Open PST File Error in MS Outlook 2013
“I have upgraded Outlook to latest version of Office 2013 and everything was working fine. But, today I am facing an error message like “Cannot open PST file” whenever I try to open my mailbox in Outlook. I don’t know what mistake I have committed but I am unable to access emails, contacts and everything from PST file. If anyone has any idea about how to solve this error, please share here. Thanks in Advance!!!”
Most of the time above kind of error may occur due to PST file corruption. Outlook 2013 will prompt cannot open PST file error message even when Outlook tries to search for PST file in wrong location. So make sure your PST is neatly configured in Outlook 2013 when you receive this error. Other similar errors seen in MS Outlook 2013 are listed here:
- The file xxxx.pst could not be found
- The file xxxx.pst is not a personal folders file
- Unable to display the folder. The file xxx.pst could not be accessed
- File xxxx.pst could not be accessed. Data error. Cyclic redundancy check.
You can solve corrupt PST file errors by using two simple techniques. Before knowing solutions, just know some factors that damages PST file in Outlook 2013:
- Harmful virus intrusion to system hard disk where PST file is saved
- Incorrect upgrade of Outlook version to 2013
- Improper configuration of MS Outlook 2013 profile may lead
- Abrupt closing of Outlook 2013 application due to power loss or force shutdown
- Inappropriate update of Windows OS
Anyhow, you can fix corrupt PST file errors by using Scanpst.exe (Inbox Repair tool). If corruption is severe this tool cannot help you in resolving the error.
How to fix cannot open PST file error in Outlook 2013 when Inbox Repair tool fails to do so?
Use Yodot Outlook PST Repair software to fix “cannot open PST file” error in Outlook 2013 on Windows system. It can efficiently repair corrupt Outlook 2013 PST file and restores emails, tasks, personal folders, notes, calendar items, journals etc. without altering any information from it. Additionally, it can support to resolve PST file is not compatible with Outlook 2010 error, Outlook 2007 is not showing PST file error, Outlook data file cannot be accessed error, cannot open exported PST access denied error and so on. This utility is compatible to run on all versions of Windows OS such as Windows XP, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
Procedure to solve cannot open PST file error in Outlook 2013:
- First, install Yodot Outlook PST Repair utility on your Windows
- Then, run installed program to start error fixing process
- It shows 3 options such as “Open PST File”, “Find PST File”, “Select Outlook Profile” in main screen
- Choose “Open PST File” if you know exact path of PST file repair or select “Find PST File” when you don’t know the location. Else click on “Select Outlook Profile” button if you have multiple profiles in Outlook 2013
- Now select 2013 PST file which has to be fixed
- Next, choose suitable scanning method from “Normal Scan” or “Smart Scan” and browse for the destination path where the error free 2013 Outlook PST file has to be stored
- Avoid using unauthorized third party tool to fix damaged PST file as it may further damage the file
- Have complete knowledge on handling mailbox in Outlook before trying to do anything crucial