Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
How to Fix Corrupt Outlook 2013 OST File?
Microsoft Outlook OST file or offline folder file is typically an exact copy of your mailbox folder in Exchange Server that is stored on user’s local system. The Outlook 2013 OST files get synchronized with Exchange Server mailbox every time you get connected with Mailbox Server. After proper synchronization, the Outlook 2013 OST file will get converted into PST which is accessible with Microsoft Outlook 2013 application.
Microsoft Outlook 2013 OST files are very susceptible to corruption and they can be easily get corrupted due to various internal and external causes. Most of the times, an Outlook 2013 OST files get damaged due to interruption during the synchronization process with Exchange Server database because of this the Outlook 2013 OST file becomes inaccessible with all its contents. In order to fix this issue, the Microsoft Outlook application comes with an in-built Integrity Check Tool known as Scanost.exe
Fix Corrupt Outlook 2013 OST using OST Integrity Check Tool (Scanost.Exe):
- Quit Outlook if it is running
- Double-click on Scanost.exe, located at drive: \Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE 13
- If you are having multiple profiles on Outlook, then the tool will ask you to select one. In the Profile Name list, click the profile that contains the required .OST file
- Select the Repair Error check box for automatically resolving inconsistencies found during the OST scanning. If the check box is not marked the utility will only log the problems but not make the needed corrections
- Click Begin Scan
This Integrity Check Tool can repair Outlook 2013 OST file corrupted to some extent, but it cannot repair severely damaged OST file. In order to fix severely affected Outlook 2013 OST file, you need to use efficient third party OST file repair software. There are several repair tools available in market, better buy the one which can easily fix all your OST file issues.
Software to fix Outlook 2013 corrupt OST file:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair is an efficient tool used by most of the users to fix corrupt Outlook 2013 OST file on Windows computer. It is a read-only program that doesn’t modify the contents of the Outlook 2013 OST file during repair process, rather it extracts the contents of severely corrupted OST file and recreates the new healthy Outlook 2013 OST file which can be accessed by Outlook 2013 application. This software has the ability to repair errors encountered by the Outlook 2013 Scanost.exe tool while fixing damaged OST file. In addition to repair process, it also recovers all emails, contacts, notes, calendar events, sent items, journals, personal folders, and other Outlook items from MS Outlook 2013 application.
Procedure to repair corrupt Outlook 2013 OST file:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair software on your Windows computer
- After installation launch the software and follow onscreen instructions until the repair process is finished
- Select appropriate option from main page i.e. “Open PST File” or “Find PST File”
- Select “Open PST File” option, if you know where exactly your corrupt Outlook 2013 OST file is located
- Otherwise select “Find PST File” option to automatically browse the location of corrupt Outlook 2013 OST file stored on your system
- Browse the destination location to store the repaired Outlook 2013 OST file
- According to your selection the software will scan and repair the desired Outlook OST file and restores it in a new healthy Outlook 2013 OST file
- After software finishes the scanning process you will be able to view the contents restored from repaired Microsoft Outlook 2013 OST file
- Regularly update antivirus application in order to protect your OST files from virus or malware infection
- Don’t try to manually synchronize OST file present in your system with MS Exchange Server
- Reduce the size of OST file by removing the unwanted contents to increase the performance of Microsoft Outlook