Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Resolving Error Outlook the Operation Failed Due to Restrictions
“I am using Outlook 2013 on Windows 7 system. Recently while trying to open a hyperlink in an email on Outlook 2013, I got error message that went ‘This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer…’ I don’t know why this error is displaying and I tried to fix it with my best knowledge. I changed settings in Outlook 2013 and even looked into its PST file to troubleshoot this error. Nothing has changed! Now, my Outlook 2013 profile is not opening or responding? Any help please…”
Referring to above scenario one can observe Outlook user who fall into complicated issue while trying to resolve error message such as “This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer…” In fact, this error occurs when you try to open or click on a hyperlink in Outlook and you don’t have default web browser on PC. Or if you have uninstalled default web browse like Chrome, Firefox, etc without setting Internet Explorer as default browser.
In order to fix this error message, you should set standard browser in Windows system. In case, this fails to mend restrictions error, then corrupt registry key might have caused this error. Follow below steps to export and import registry key and solve operation failed due to restrictions error:
Step 1: Export registry key from another PC
- On another Windows system, click Start -> then Run
- In the Open box, type regedit and click on “OK” button
- Find, and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\htmlfile\shell\open\command
- On the File or Registry menu (depending on your OS), Select “Export” option
- Note the memory location where the file will be saved. The registry file can be saved directly to the hard drive
- Type a unique file name and click on “Save” option
- Finally exit from Registry Editor
Step 2: Import the registry key
- Copy the exported registry key to the desktop on your PC
- Double-click the .reg file
- Select on “Yes” option and on click “OK”
Outlook restrictions error is not solved even after importing and exporting valid registry in computer, then don’t worry!! Because some unpleased situations or impact of improper steps to fix this kind of error might end with severe issues in Outlook like loss of Outlook personal folders, Outlook PST file corruption, etc. If you have undergone any such situations, then it is not required to be sad about inaccessible Outlook PST file. You can fix error Outlook the operation failed due to restrictions and repair affected Outlook PST file by using any relevant Outlook repair software.
Outlook PST file error repair software:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair tool is used and suggested by many professional as well as normal users to fix various issues with Outlook PST file on Windows system. This application is perfect choice for fixing various problems in Outlook data file after error Outlook the operation failed due to restrictions. You can fix Outlook error set of folders cannot be opened, Outlook.pst file does not exist error, Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem error, Outlook PST cannot be accessed data error cyclic redundancy check, Microsoft Outlook hangs on loading profile etc. This program work based on advance technologies and strategies to fix inaccessible PST and OST file from various Microsoft Outlook versions such as Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013. One can utilize this utility to fix Outlook data files (both PST and OST) that are corrupted or unreadable because of any logical blunders and safely recover all Outlook PST file attributes like main box items, contacts, journals, tasks, etc. It supports to work on PC or notebook hard drives that work with Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 operating systems.
Simple procedure to solve Outlook restrictions error:
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair application on Windows system and install it
- Soon after installing, launch the software based on given instructions
- You will find three options in the main screen which are “Open PST File”, “Find PST File” and “Select Outlook Profile"
- Select any of the option to find affected Outlook PST file
- Once you select PST file, choose appropriate scanning technology
- Also browse for the destination location to save repaired PST file contents and click on “Repair” button
- Then software thoroughly scans and repairs selected PST file
- Upon completion of repair procedure, it will display fixed Outlook PST file along with its attributes
- First surf in internet about error message that you have faced and make sure that what is the cause behind that particular Outlook error to fix it
- Before going to troubleshoot any error in Outlook, try to backup Outlook data files