Resolve Error Outlook PST Do Not Have Permission to Open
“Hi there… I am using Microsoft Outlook 2007 from two years ago, but I never got the error message that I faced today. When I launch Outlook application in my Windows system, it is displaying error that went ‘You don’t have permission to open PST file’. How to resolve this error message and access emails along with attachments from Outlook PST file?”
Nowadays Microsoft Office Outlook gained more popularity among various email clients, because of its secure data transaction. However, this protected email client might even show several error messages in few unfavorable instants as discussed in above scenario. Outlook PST do not have permission to open error message will appear in two situations majorly, such as:
- If you have enabled read-only permission on PST file
- Outlook PST file corruption for any known or unknown reason
First you check properties of PST file whether it has enabled read-only permission. In case, it has marked read-only permission, then disable that option. If you are still facing same error after resetting read-only property, then it indicates Outlook PST file corruption. PST file may become inaccessible or get damaged due to virus attacks, over sizing issues, improper up-gradation, abnormal termination, sharing PST over unsecure network and other reasons.
When you suspect corruption of Outlook PST file after “Outlook PST do not have permission to open” error message, then try to fix corrupted PST file using inbuilt inbox repair tool i.e. Scanpst.exe. If this Microsoft Inbox repair utility fails to resolve issue with Outlook PST file, then it is better to select proficient MS Outlook PST file error repair software such as Yodot Outlook PST Repair in order to fix Outlook PST error on Windows system.
Outlook PST error repair software:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair software is specially designed for MS Outlook users who desperately want to fix corrupt Outlook PST file after error message like ‘Outlook PST do not have permission to open’ on Windows system. It efficiently repairs and automatically recovers all mailbox folders (Inbox, Outbox, Sent items, personal folders, etc) and attributes such as emails, attachments, contacts, calendar item, journals, RSS feeds, notes, etc. from MS Outlook PST file. User friendly graphical interface of this application even helps users with less technical skills to mend corrupted PST file without any troubles. It has capability to repair PST file after CRC error, Outlook not responding error, not a valid PST file error, PST file access denied error, PST cannot found error and many more error messages. This excellent utility supports repair of Outlook data files both PST and OST on all versions of MS Outlook such as Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013. It works on all desktops / laptops installed with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 operating systems.
Steps to fix Outlook PST file do not have permission to open error:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair tool to Windows system
- Launch the application and proceed with on-screen instructions
- Then you will find a new screen with three options
- If you unaware about the location of erroneous Outlook PST file, then use “Find PST File” option; otherwise select “Open PST File” option to open corrupt Outlook PST file
- Or choose “Select Outlook Profile” option to browse specific Outlook PST file if you have multiple Outlook accounts
- Later choose the appropriate scanning method
- Then browse for desired location to save new Outlook PST file and click on “Repair” button
- Let this software to complete scan and repair of MS Outlook PST file
- After completing the repair process, you will be able to see the fixed Outlook PST file with all its items
Consider These Tips:
- Keep your system free from viruses to avoid Outlook PST file corruption issues
- Backup Outlook PST and OST files on regular basis to be at safer side in above mentioned situations