Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Repair Microsoft Outlook Data File Association
“I have migrated my Outlook PST file from old computer to new one and now when I try to open it in my new system, I get error message that ‘This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the control panel.’ I don’t know what to do now, any help regarding this problem will be welcomed”
Microsoft Outlook is an emailing program that is included in Office suite. Every time you try to open Outlook, Windows operating systems goes to the registry and finds for PST file association in the registry. In case fails to find specific association then it display error message showed in above instance. To solve this issue, you have to use control panel’s “Default programs” option to create or change file types. Go according to the instructions given below to resolve the problem related to Outlook file association.
- First of all click on “Start” menu and choose “Control Panel” option from it
- Now hit upon “Default Programs” and select “Associate a file type of protocol with program”
- Wait till file extension list displays as the system searches for all files extensions on your computer
- Browse the list to search for the extension you need to create an association for
- Hit on the file extension and select “Change”. Press on the arrow to expand your software selection. In case you cannot find the program then click “Browse” to find the program
- Hit on the software you want to be associated with the file extension and then press “OK” to save that association
However, this method does not work when Outlook data file association is damaged or broken. In that case, you can use Inbox Repair Tool to fix errors. If you succeed in repairing Outlook data file, then your problem is solved. But if you keep getting same error message, then you can fix it with the aid of right Outlook PST Repair software.
Fixing Outlook data file associations:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair tool has got the capability to fix Outlook data file association on your Windows computer. This application is specially designed to match interface of Outlook data file for making users more comfortable and minimizing chances of any errors during repairing of Outlook data file. You can fix damaged Outlook PST and OST data file showing various error warnings; For example, it is possible to fix unknown error that has occurred in Outlook, Outlook cannot be accessed error, Outlook synchronizing folder error, Outlook cannot be found error and many errors without damaging original structure of Outlook data file. Along with regaining attributes such as emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes etc. you are able to get BCC, CC, subject line and so on from corrupted Outlook data file. In addition to this, you can see exact copy of repaired Outlook data file by using preview option provided on the screen.
Steps to fix Outlook data file association:
- At first download Yodot Outlook PST Repair software and install it to your Windows computer
- Once you carried out installation procedure, run it to begin repairing Outlook data file association
- Main screen shows three options which are “Open PST File” Find PST File” and “Select Outlook Profile”
- Choose anyone according to the need and go further to save repaired Outlook PST file
- Select anyone scanning method and wait till it gets completed
- You will now presented with a message showing successful repair of Outlook data file
- Preview recovered items from repaired PST file and finally save them on a preferred location
- Scan your system with Antivirus software to prevent and identify viruses that cause errors
- Follow right procedure while migrating Outlook from one computer to another