Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Repairing Outlook OST File Error
“Hi all, I have a problem while opening my Outlook OST file. I am getting an error ‘cannot open our default email folders. The file filename.ost is not an offline folder file’. I have some very important work with my OST file; please help me fix this error on .OST file and get back access to it. Thanks in advance...”
Sometimes you need to use Outlook in offline mode; then OST file serves you purpose. You may come across situation like above while trying to open Outlook OST file. Error message in this case might have displayed due to Outlook OST file corruption or due to synchronization problem. You can solve the synchronization problem easily by following some guidelines given in Outlook support pages or by referring to any info provided on internet. But OST file might also get corrupted due to various reasons as given below:
- OST file becomes inaccessible and display error messages when infected by virus , malware or spyware threats
- Abrupt system shutdown or incorrectly terminating Outlook application can affect working of OST file that might show errors upon trying to open it
- OST file may get damaged and show errors when OST file exceeds its fixed file size limit; due to incorrect way of importing or compressing OST file
- Interruption while synchronizing OST file with Microsoft Exchange Server can make OST file exhibit error warnings when tried to access its data
When Outlook OST file is corrupted for any of the above reason, then you may see following error messages on your computer screen:
- “Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. Errors could have been detected in the file xxxx.ost. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool”
- Oversized OST file problem (OST file size reaches or exceeds the 2GB limit).
- Outlook 2010 Errors have been detected in the OST. Scanpst crashes
- Outlook data file access is denied OST or Cannot open particular Outlook items when offline, etc.
You may get many errors while synchronizing OST file with server; when trying to open any item on Outlook offline profile and in other situations. Exit the OST file and run ScanOST.exe which is the OST integrity check tool located at: “drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12” on your PC.
After running ScanOST.exe, you could be able to use OST file normally. If you are still getting the error message, then there is an alternate solution. OST file errors can be fixed using suitable OST file repair software like Yodot Outlook PST Repair, which has capability to fix both Outlook PST and OST files on Windows PC.
Features of OST file error repair software:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair software helps you to fix OST file corrupted or broken under any circumstance on your PC. You can get back access to all attributes present in Outlook OST file like emails, attachments, contacts, calendar events, reminders, tasks and others by using this application. This utility is able to repair Outlook 2013 OST file which is the latest version of Outlook along with its predecessors like Outlook 2010, 2007, 2003 and 2002. This program is used to even recover deleted data from the OST file. It repairs your OST files successfully with its two types of scanning methods. There are lots of advantages of using this Outlook data file repair software which could be experienced by trying the demo version.
Steps to fix OST file error on Windows OS:
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair software and install it on your computer
- Run the tool and select “Open PST File”, “Find PST File” or “Select Outlook Profile” to select desired OST file
- After selecting OST file, click on “Next” to proceed to next screen
- Select location where you want the repaired OST file to be stored and choose either “Normal Scan” or “Smart Scan”. Click on “Repair” to scan and fix OST file error
- Within short time span, the OST file will be repaired and you could view the information of OST file contents
- Go to the location where OST file had been stored to view items recovered from it
- Use powerful antivirus software on your computer to avoid OST file corruption
- Keep backup OST file regularly on your PC which could be used in emergencies like OST file corruption