Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
How to Fix Outlook Scanpst.exe Error?
Scanpst.exe is an inbox tool used to analyze and identify the problematic PST files. It specifies the error location to the computer, so that it does not search through the entire mailbox. Instead, it looks only at personal folder to determine whether data has been corrupted or any other error to repair in PST file. The Scanpst.exe program reviews the state of the PST file structure. If it is no longer organized in its appropriate structure, the Outlook inbox repair tool will reconstruct the appropriate headers after correcting the error with a reset.
Finding Scanpst.exe on the computer:
The file location for inbox repair tool is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE12. The location of Scanpst.exe may vary for almost every version of Outlook and it sometimes also depends on which language of Outlook you have installed. It also depends on operating system installed, whether you have installed a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows OS. Be sure to close the Outlook program prior to launching a diagnostic repair.
The diagnosis involves a process that can include upto eight segments. Logically, more severe problems and larger PST files will take longer time to diagnose and requires more processing time. Once the diagnosis is completed, a report will be available. If the repair concludes successfully, simply click OK and then launch the Outlook program again.
If Scanpst.exe cannot resolve the problem for first time, it can be started again. If Scanpst.exe tool can’t fix the problem even after running it for several times, then you need to make use professional Outlook repair application to fix corrupt PST file and to regain the Outlook data.
Software to fix Scanpst.exe error:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair is an efficient repair tool used by most of the user to fix their corrupt PST file on Windows computer. This software has the ability to repair errors that are encountered by the Outlook Scanpst.exe tool while fixing damaged PST file. It is a read-only program that doesn’t modify the contents of the PST file; rather it extracts the contents of the severely corrupted PST file and recreates the new healthy PST file which can be accessed by Microsoft Outlook application. In addition to repair process, it also recovers all Outlook items like emails, contacts, notes, schedule tasks, calendar events, sent items, journals, personal folders etc from MS Outlook application.
How to use Yodot PST Repair tool on Windows?
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair software on your Windows computer
- After installation, launch the software and follow the onscreen instructions until the repair process is finished
- Select appropriate option from main page i.e., “Open PST File” or “Find PST File”
- Select “Open PST File” option, if you know where exactly your PST file is located
- Otherwise, select “Find PST File” option to automatically browse the location of PST file stored on your system
- Choose “Select Outlook Profile” option to select particular Outlook profile when you have multiple profiles in your computer
- Browse the destination location to store the repaired Outlook PST file
- According to your selection, the software will scan and repair the desired Outlook PST file and restores it in a new healthy Outlook PST file
- After software finishes the scanning process, you will be able to view the repaired Outlook PST file
- Do not access an Outlook Data File (.pst) from a network share or another computer, because it increases the possibility of data loss
- Regularly backup the PST files and save them in safe place
- Your ISP or Microsoft can’t recover your e-mail or other items if the PST file is lost.