Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
How to Repair When Outlook 2010 Large OST File Crashes?
“Whenever I try to open my Outlook 2010 OST file, I get an error saying that OST file is corrupted and need to run SCANPST to fix it. After multiple attempts to open Outlook 2010 OST file, it got crashed and stopped responding. After this I could not access OST file anymore. Later, I found out that the main cause for this troublesome situation was OST file size issues. Now, how to repair when large Outlook 2010 OST file crashes? Please help me!!”
MS Outlook email application is preferred by many software geeks and other organizations to perform communication process without any interruption. One of the reliable features of Outlook 2010 is it helps user to easily configure multiple mail accounts within single Outlook application. Emails, Attachments, Contacts, Calendars, Notes, Tasks, Address Books and other attributes is found in both PST and OST files efficiently. However, Outlook 2010 large OST file gets corrupt and results in malfunctioning. Fortunately, it is insisted not to get distracted if you are struck with corrupted large OST file in Outlook 2010. To fix crashed large .ost file from Outlook 2010 then go through this article completely.
Some scenarios that lead to corruption of large OST file on Outlook 2010:
- Abrupt system shutdown or incorrect termination of Outlook 2010 application can crash .ost file
- When Outlook 2010 OST file is infected by virus, malware or spyware threats the file becomes inaccessible and displays error note
- While synchronizing large OST file with MS Exchange Server if any interruption occurs then OST file gets damaged and becomes illegible
- Due to incorrect way of importing or exporting 2010 OST file it gets corrupt making the file unreadable
- Header file corruption will also result in inaccessibility of large Outlook 2010 OST file
To overcome any of the above mentioned situations, user can use Open and Repair tool (ScanPST) to mend such errors. If user faces same trouble even after using repair utility then it is recommended to use reliable Outlook OST file repair software.
Application to fix Outlook 2010 large OST file that crashed:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair is prominent tool to mend crashed Outlook 2010 large OST file on Windows operating system without any problem. It doesn't alter the structure of original file during repair process. Additionally, it can restore entire emails, Notes, calendar events, journals, personal folders, events and other Outlook items from Outlook 2010 application. Along with large Outlook 2010 OST file, it can fix PST profile from Outlook 2003, Outlook 2000, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016. When you are unable to mend severely corrupted PST and OST file using normal scan option, then use smart scan option to fix it effectively. This program is compatible with Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 operating system.
Steps to fix crashed Outlook 2010 large OST file:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair tool on Windows desktop
- Launch the software and follow the guidelines
- On main screen you will get three options that is 'Open PST file', 'Find PST File' and 'Select Outlook Profile'
- Open PST file- Select this option to open and locate PST file which have to be repaired
- Find PST File- Choose this option, if you doesn't know the location, so choose the drive and click on 'Find' option
- Select Outlook Profile- Select this option, if you have multiple Outlook profile and choose the one to be fixed
- Choose either 'Normal Scan' or 'Smart Scan' option based on level of corruption
- Upon selecting the scan technique, the tool will initiate the scanning process
- After completion of repair process, the application will display a message regarding the success of repair with all items that are recovered
- The retrieved item will be displayed in Outlook styled interface
Points to Remember:
- Regularly check the size of OST file and remove unnecessary contents to avoid over size
- After working don’t forget to terminate Outlook 2010 utility properly