Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
How to Repair Microsoft Outlook 2003 MAPI Error?
Among various versions of Outlook, Microsoft Outlook 2003 was introduced to meet user needs with added features. It was added with OneNote, InfoPath, search folders, junk mail filter, business contact manager and other useful applications. This Outlook version is compatible only on NT-based Windows OS versions, i.e. Windows operating systems prior to Windows XP. Hence, it is been used on computers running with older Windows operating systems. However, Outlook 2003 can display number of error messages and one of the most common error messages in Outlook 2003 is MAPI error.
If MAPI failure occurs with MS Outlook 2003, then it may render error messages like:
- MAPI was unable to load information Service Msncon.dll. Be sure that service is correctly installed and configured
- Email MAPI error: An error occurred in sending the message
- Internal MAPI error: 0x00000002
- Return code 2, MAPI E error and so on
MAPI – Messaging Application Programming Interface is a crucial factor with Outlook to send / receive emails. MAPI may fail with Outlook 2003 displaying any unknown error message, usually while sending any data in Word, Excel and other format as email attachment. This error can occur when Outlook is not configured or installed properly or if PST / OST file is damaged. Fortunately, this MAPI error can be resolved in Microsoft Outlook 2003 by following these methods:
- Quit Outlook and restart it
- Make use of inbuilt repair tool ScanPST to fix issues with Outlook 2003 PST / OST file
- Check for proper Outlook add-ins installed on system
- Reinstall Microsoft Office
If all these methods fail to fetch any results and if all your mail data is stuck in Outlook 2003 data file, then go for appropriate third party utility to resolve the issue.
MS Outlook 2003 MAPI error repair software:
To resolve Microsoft Outlook 2003 MAPI error on any Windows computer, you can rely on Yodot Outlook PST Repair software. This tool is capable of recovering all mail items from PST and OST files that show MAPI error in Outlook 2003. It can even solve cannot start Outlook mapi32.dll corrupt error and other unknown errors not only in Outlook 2003, but also in Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2007, 2010 and 2013 versions. Using this tool, one can easily fix damaged, unreadable or oversized PST and OST files without causing further damage to files contents. This utility is capable to run on MS Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and 2003 OS based computers.
Follow these steps to repair Outlook 2003 MAPI error:
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair utility on your Windows computer
- Install the tool and run it by clicking on desktop shortcut icon or from start menu
- Main screen gets displayed with three major options
- 1. Open PST File – To choose Outlook 2003 data file from its default location
- 2. Find PST File – To search for required PST / OST when its default location is unknown
- 3. Select Outlook profile – if Outlook 2003 has multiple profiles
- Then in next screen, select either ‘Normal Scan’ or ‘Smart Scan’ option to scan selected Outlook 2003 data file
- Choose a destination folder where you wish to save repaired Outlook 2003 file after scanning process
- Once done with scanning process, view the mail attributes from fixed Outlook 2003 file in preview mode
- At last, click on Save to store this fixed Outlook 2003 file to specified target location on Windows computer
Things to Remember:
- Backup Outlook 2003 data files (.pst or .ost) in secure location to prevent unknown errors
- Follow righteous methods while configuring, installing or creating Outlook Profiles