Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
How to Recover MS Outlook Data?
“Hi, I use Microsoft Outlook on my Office desktop in which all my emails, business contacts, appointment details, etc, are saved. Today when I opened Outlook, I was unable to access any items from it. After multiple attempts a message popped up saying that PST file is corrupt. Can anyone suggest me how to recover data from this MS Outlook PST file? All your suggestions would be of great help.”
Microsoft Outlook features advanced methods to manage email data and it is most used email client for personal and professional users. Mail data in Outlook is saved in .pst or .ost file format on system hard drive based on mode of Outlook configuration (online or offline). However, valuable Outlook data can become futile in many aspects due to Outlook data file corruption.
Some common factors that corrupts Outlook data file are:
- Erroneous Outlook configuration
- Inaccurate Preferences settings
- Errors while updating / migrating Outlook
- Incorrect import or export of Outlook data file
- Synchronization errors with Outlook offline data file .ost
- Outlook data file crossing its limited file size (oversizing)
- Malware or virus intrusion on system hard drive
- Errors in loading PST / OST file from system hard drive due to invalid path specified
- Abrupt termination of Outlook
- Missing of program files like .dll associated with Microsoft Outlook
All these factors can damage Outlook data file severely and causes inaccessibility of its data. However, when data from Microsoft Outlook cannot be accessed, one can make use of built in inbox repair tool Scanpst.exe to repair corrupt PST / OST file and regain its data. To run Scanpst.exe inbox repair tool just follow the steps here:
- Exit Outlook if opened
- Locate Scanpst.exe file under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office
- Run the tool
- It pops a window to choose Outlook data file that needs to be repaired
- After scanning process completes, all your recovered Outlook data will be displayed on screen
Sadly, this Scnapst.exe inbox repair tool may fail to fix Outlook data file and recover Outlook data due to unknown errors or when damage is severe. In such instance, users may lose patience and bother about how to recover Microsoft Outlook data? Don’t worry as there are third party repair utilities to extract inaccessible Outlook data.
Microsoft Outlook data recovery software
Yodot Outlook PST Repair is the best program to repair and recover entire mail data from Outlook data file effortlessly. Its excellent repair algorithms can fix Outlook data file that are inaccessible on Windows computer due to various errors. This advanced utility can restore Outlook data from corrupted, damaged, inaccessible or error showing PST and OST files. Other than repairing corrupt Outlook data file, it can also restore deleted items from Outlook 2010, 2007, 2003 and 2000 data files just in few clicks. Therefore, one can use this utility to rescue deleted, lost or missing emails, contacts, tasks, notes, calendar events, folders, etc. from Microsoft Outlook account after accidental deletion. This tool is compatible to work on Windows computers running with Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and 2003 operating systems.
Steps to regain data from MS Outlook:
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair software on your Windows computer from which you want to rescue Outlook data
- Complete installation process and launch the tool successfully
- Main screen showing three options namely, ‘Open PST File’, ‘Find PST File’ and ‘Select Outlook Profile’ will get displayed
- Click on any option to choose required Outlook data file (.pst / .ost) according to its location
- After selecting necessary Outlook file to recover data, click next
- Further, choose destination path and mention mode of scanning between ‘Normal / Smart’ scan
- By clicking on Repair, commence scanning process that retrieves all data from Microsoft Outlook file and saves it in mentioned destination location
- Now, you can access all your data from MS Outlook from destined folder
- Backup your Outlook data in safe location regularly to avoid unexpected data loss or Outlook data file corruption
- Use prominent antivirus tool to keep harmful viruses at bay that can otherwise corrupt Outlook file