Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Repair PST File Error MS Outlook Exited Without Properly Closing Outlook Data File
Strategies for proper functioning of Outlook:
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most widely used email client. Apart from sending/receiving emails, one can even find many other unique and complex tasks related to Outlook. Therefore, in order to achieve proper functioning of Outlook you have to follow some strategies, such as:
- Installing all latest updates of MS Outlook
- Enabling relevant add-in’s related to Outlook
- Maintaining Sufficient storage space to store Outlook data files
- Closing Outlook PST and OST files properly
- Terminating Microsoft Outlook application after completion of all its current tasks, etc
Unforeseen issues and errors in Outlook:
One can also find many more approaches to maintain better performance of MS Outlook. But, in some scenarios small things matter a lot. One might feel closing or terminating Outlook application is simple task, but it not as simple as you feel; because, if you make habit of closing the Outlook improperly, then there will be a day where your Outlook won’t work as per your expectations. Apart from human mistakes, an incorrect or abnormal termination of Outlook PST file occurs due one of the following issues:
- If Outlook finds any conflicts with Antivirus software while scanning the incoming emails and its attachments, then there will be a forceful exit of Outlook PST file
- Unexpected system shutdown while accessing the Outlook profile may cause improper closing of Outlook data files
- In some scenarios due to some logical errors related with add-ins installed Outlook may cause unforeseen exit of Outlook
If you come across any of these situations, then you might be familiar with an error message 'Cannot start Microsoft Outlook: Outlook exited without properly closing your Outlook data file’ when you open Microsoft Outlook that got terminated due to above mentioned scenarios. If you fail to open your Outlook profile after this error message, then it indicated that Outlook data file i.e. PST might have got corrupted. You may fix that error by using inbuilt inbox repair tool i.e Scanpst.exe. In case you cannot resolve the issue, then make use of appropriate PST repair application called Yodot Outlook PST Repair.
Few key points about Outlook PST file repair software:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair software is an elevated Outlook data file (PST file) repair tool that offers simple directives to fix corrupt or unresponsive PST file after MS Outlook exited without properly closing your Outlook data file error. It supports fixing or resolving any problems concerned with Outlook data files (PST and OST files) belonging to various versions of MS Outlook such as Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010. This utility facilitates you to mend encrypted or password protected PST file without modifying its original contents on Windows system installed with Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 operating systems.
Steps to fix PST error Outlook exited without properly closing your Outlook data file:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair utility to your Windows desktop or laptop
- Once installation process get finished, setup the program and follow the main screen guiding instructions
- Now, you will find first screen with three option “Find PST File” or “Open PST File” or “Outlook Profile” options
- Make use of “Open PST file” option to browse for the corrupt Outlook PST file
- Or choose “Find PST File” option if you unaware about location of PST file on system
- Or select “Outlook Profile” option to make a choice for particular Outlook PST file, if you have two or more Outlook profile
- After the selecting Outlook data file (PST files), opt for suitable scanning technique
- Select “Normal Scan” option to renovate Outlook PST file with minor corruption or click on “Smart Scan” option to repair PST file with severe damage
- Browse for the target location to store renewed PST file and click on “Repair” option
- You can observe the PST file repair process on progress bar shown
- After completion of fixing PST file, the software displays the retrieved entities of Outlook PST file
Dos and Don’ts:
- Give preference to backup your Outlook PST file in regular basis, because it will assure you at the time of PST file corruption
- Don’t close the Microsoft Office Outlook abruptly without confirming whether all its current tasks are get completed or not