Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Repair When Outlook Inbox Repair Tool Does Not Recognize the File
MS Outlook is an email client widely used by many computer users. Outlook allows user to stores all mailbox data like emails, calendar items, attachments, signature, contacts, tasks and other items on system drive in PST file format. PST file is the primary database and Inbox Repair Tool come free with every Outlook installation to fix damaged PST files. This repair tool is named as 'Scanpst.exe’; it corrects problems with PST file when Outlook fails to open the file by showing errors. Even then few file issues may remain unresolved and user might face corrupted PST file.
Let us consider an issue where user tries to fix Outlook PST file using Inbox Repair Tool. You may get an error message stating as 'Microsoft Outlook Inbox Repair Tool does not recognize the file' when ScanPST is run against victim PST file. This kind of situation can block access to PST file completely.
What causes inbox repair tool not to recognize the file?
As told in above mentioned example, inbox tool failure may occur due to severe corruption of PST file or other related issues like MS Outlook crash, improper OS installation or upgrading, bad sectors present on HDD. Sometimes, Outlook repair tool may fail to function because of oversized PST file and other system related problems.
What to do when inbox repair tool shows cannot recognize file error?
If ScanPST doesn’t help to resolve issues with PST file and leaves it in corrupt form, user can try third party repair tool to securely restore information from error showing PST file.
Tool to fix PST error inbox repair tool does not recognize the file:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair utility can easily fix corrupted PST file showing as 'Microsoft Outlook Inbox Repair Tool does not recognize the file' error on system hard drive. With secure module it can quickly scan Outlook PST file and recovers all data without altering its source file. It can recover emails, address Book, notes, tasks, RSS feeds, mailbox folder, and other attributes from both Outlook PST and OST files. It can fix PST file from Office 2003, 2007, 2000, 2010 and 2013 versions of Outlook. This utility fix PST file from Windows computer running with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2003 operating systems. It can restores files from storage device formatted with NFTS5, NFTS, FAT16, FAT32, ExFAT file systems. Moreover, User friendly interface of this tool makes user to operate it easily without having prior knowledge.
How to use Outlook PST tool?
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair tool on Windows computer
- Run the software and follow the instruction as shown on screen
- On main screen you will get three options that is 'Open PST file', 'Find PST File' and 'Select Outlook Profile'
- Open PST file- Select this option to open and locate PST file which have to be repaired
- Find PST File- Choose this option, if you doesn't know the location, so choose the drive and click on 'Find' option
- Select Outlook Profile- Select this option, if you have multiple Outlook profile and choose the one to be fixed
- Choose either 'Normal Scan' or 'Smart Scan' option based on level of corruption
- Upon selecting the scan technique, the tool will initiate the scanning process
- After completion of repair process, the application will display a message regarding the success of repair with all items that are recovered
- The retrieved item will be displayed in Outlook styled interface
- Select the important one and save it by neglect the unwanted one
- Close Outlook using Exit option to avoid data loss
- Backup your Outlook PST file on reliable storage device to overcome file corruption issues