Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
How to Fix Corrupt Outlook Mailbox?
Nowdays there are variety of sources available to communicate with one another for personal as well as business purposes. However emailing is regarded as the most reliable way of communication. By using emails you will be able to communicate with the people anywhere across the world. Therefore Microsoft designed a reliable mailing application named Microsoft Outlook, which is highly desired by many users for the fastest means of communication.
Outlook mailbox consists of important folders like Inbox, Outbox, Sent items, Junk E-mails, Drafts and Unread Mails to store incoming and outgoing emails from your Outlook profile. All Outlook emails and other items are stored in a single file known as PST (Personal Storage Table) on your PC hard drive.
Even though its easy and reliable to use, even Outlook application is not free from errors. The issue of PST file corruption makes you feel helpless in most of the situations. Microsoft was aware of this problem and so it has provided a Inbox Repair utility named ScanPSt.exe to repair your corrupt Outlook mailbox. But it’s bitter truth that this Inbox repair tool fails to fix Outlook mailbox in case of severe corruption and may cause further damage to your PST file.
Scenarios which may corrupt your Outlook mailbox folder:
- Compacting PST file: If you encounter errors while compacting your PSt file to reduce its size, then it might damage your mailbox and you cannot access emails from it
- Oversized PST file: When Outlook PST file exceeds its fixed size limit then it gets corrupted and stops responding
- Upgrading Outlook: When you upgrade the Outlook installed on your PC from an older to a newer version, then there is a possibility of facing PST file corruption
- Header Corruption: Header of PST file can get corrupt as a result of harmful virus intrusions, bad sectors on hard drive, compacting PSt file, Migrating from one computer to another, etc leaving Outlook mailbox in inaccessible state
In order to take a right action for all these situations, there some methods that can be performed, for example looking for a valid backup. If you have taken the backup of PST file on some other drive, it is easy to import and reconfigure your mail account. If you do it successfully, you can access mailbox emails and other data. However, there are many Outlook users who do not take proper backup of PST file and some of them don’t know how to import their PST file from backup and re-use their Outlook account. For those, the situation becomes worst and the only option which left for them is the use of a Outlook repair software which could resolve all issues regarding PST file.
Features of the software
Yodot Outlook PST Repair can provide you the easiest way to repair your Outlook mailbox. It provides two scan options i.e “Normal Scan” and “Smart Scan” to fix corrupted, broken, damaged or inaccessible MS Outlook mailbox even it displays error messages. It is possible to repair Outlook PST files created using 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007 and 2010 versions of Microsoft Outlook using this tool. Moreover, you can even fix password protected and highly encrypted PST files on Windows operating system.
Steps to Repair Outlook Mailbox
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair software and install the software to your computer or laptop
- Run the software and follow the instructions given on the screen
- As you run the software, three options will be displayed on the main screen namely“Open PST file”, “Find PST File” and “Outlook Profile”
- Pick the option “Open PST File” to browse and open your PST file
- Clcik on “Find PST File” option to search and locate the PST file
- Otherwise select “Outlook Profile” option to select a specific Outlook profile, if you have multiple profiles of Outlook
- Now choose anyone scan option. Browse for the preferred location and click on “Repair” button
- Once you finish the repair process, the application shows all the deleted mails and other Outlook items
- Close Outlook properly after completion of the work
- Updated antivirus software should be used to prevent virus infection on the PST file
- Always keep a proper backup of your Outlook PST file and update it
- Power source used should be reliable to avoid improper turn off of the PC