Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
How to Repair Office 2003 PST File?
Is your MS Office Outlook 2003 unable to open mailbox folder file? Is it showing message like Outlook PST file is damaged? Also is it displaying different kinds of error messages which are unfamiliar to you? If this is true, then it means PST file might be corrupted. To know reasons for corruption of PST file from Outlook 2003 and for the solutions to repair it, go through the below information carefully.
In Outlook, PST file is used to store data like contacts, email folders, outgoing and incoming email messages, and other personal data related to MS Outlook mail account. Up to MS Outlook 2002, PST files are formatted according to ANSI format, which limits the file size to 2GB. Later, in Microsoft Outlook 2003, PST file using UNICODE format which has the size limit of 20GB.
Normally, while working on Outlook 2003, you will perform different tasks such as send or receive emails, calendar entries, make notes, create tasks and so on. After continuous usage of MS Outlook 2003 PST file for years together, PST file size may cross 20GB also, in such case you may face errors while sending and receiving mails, and even while opening Outlook. Later on, this PST file might get corrupt and turn unreadable. Apart from this issue, some other reasons that may cause MS Office 2003 PST file corruption are listed below:
- If Office 2003 PST file is infected by Harmful virus, then it may get corrupt
- Incorrect upgrade of MS Outlook 2003 can lead to PST file damage
- Outlook preferences settings or configuration errors
- Missing of Office 2003 related files like .dll, .srs, etc. may even corrupt Outlook PST file
Once Office 2003 PST file gets corrupt, then you can apply below two solutions to repair it:
Solution 1: Inbox Repair Tool
Microsoft has provided Inbox Repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to repair your damaged PST file. By using this Repair tool corrupted Office 2003 PST file can be fixed up to certain limits.
In case, you are unable to repair damaged Office 2003 PST file by using Scanpst.exe tool, then apply below solution.
Solution 2: Using Outlook PST Repair software
You can use Outlook PST Repair software to mend damaged or corrupted Office 2003 PST file. If you want to repair PST file in simple way by applying 2 to 3 steps, then use Yodot Outlook PST Repair tool.
Key features of Outlook PST repair tool:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair software is outstanding software to repair PST file in Office 2003 on Windows system. It can efficiently repair Microsoft Outlook 2003 PST file and restores emails, tasks, notes, calendar items, personal folders, journals, etc from repaired PST. It can fix corrupted, oversized, encrypted and unreadable Outlook PST as well as OST files with ease. Apart from this, it can also assist in fixing Outlook 10GB PST file and other errors related to Outlook PST file such as error 0x8004060C, PST file too large, Outlook 2010 MAPI error, Send and receive error and so on. It is compatible to run on all versions of Windows system such as Windows XP, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 operating system.
Procedure to repair Outlook 2003 PST file:
- Download and install Yodot Outlook PST Repair utility on your Windows system
- Run the installed program and follow onscreen guidelines in order to repair Office 2003 PST file
- Primary screen of this tool will provide 3 options such as “Open PST File”, “Find PST File” and “Select Outlook Profile”. From them, choose any option according to your requirement to browse for corrupt PST file
- Then, select Office 2003 PST file that has to be fixed
- Next, choose suitable scanning method from “Normal Scan” or “Smart Scan” and browse for the destination path where the fixed PST file has to be stored and click next
Tips to prevent PST file corruption!!
- Keep regular backups of Outlook PST file
- Use appropriate authorized antivirus software to remove virus from system hard drive to prevent PST file damage
- Avoid PST file from crossing its maximum size limit by removing unwanted items regularly