Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
How to Fix PST and OST files in Outlook 2003?
"My desktop is configured with Outlook 2003 and I work with it in both offline and online modes. Recently I had to reinstall the OS on my desktop, before which I exported both these Outlook files to external storage device. After successful reinstallation of Windows OS I tried to import the files back to Outlook, but due to bad sectors on external hard drive most of the files saved in it got corrupted including Outlook PST and OST files. Now, can I fix these files before importing them to Microsoft Outlook?"
Microsoft Outlook is an amazing email client that provides option to work in both online and offline modes. All mail data on Outlook in online mode will get saved in .pst format file. Whereas if you are working with Outlook in offline mode, data will be saved in .ost file formats. These PST and OST files, which saves mail elements like email folders, personal folders, contacts, tasks, etc., may fail to open in Outlook 2003 sometimes. This is barely due to file damage in situations like mentioned below:
- Mistakes while configuring Outlook to work in online or offline modes
- Hard drive issues, in which PST and OST files are saved, like presence of bad sector, file system damage etc.
- Incorrect Windows OS update or wrong Outlook migration
- Terminating Outlook 2003 incorrectly
- Synchronization error with Exchange Server
- Improper import / export of PST and OST files
- Harmful virus intrusion when antivirus software is outdated
When PST and OST files get corrupted, Outlook 2003 may show different kinds of errors on start up. At times, Outlook 2003 may not even launch because of corrupt PST and OST files configured in it. Fortunately, this kind of situations can be dissolved by repairing the files using inbuilt ScanPST or ScanOST repair tools respectively. But these built-in tools may not give expected results due to its limitations. In that case, one should prefer some reliable online program to easily fix OST and PST files in Outlook 2003.
Outlook 2003 data files repair software:
Yodot Outlook PST Repair is the most relevant tool to repair an OST and PST file in Outlook 2003. The outstanding repair strategies of this tool excellently fix both .pst and .ost files that are damaged, corrupted, unreadable or oversized on Microsoft Outlook 2003. Apart from this, the software can fix Outlook data file after access denied error, not a valid Outlook data file error, data file reached its maximum size limit error, inbox repair tool error and many other. Along with repairing Outlook data files, this utility can get back all mail attributes from Outlook like emails, contacts, tasks, journals, etc. that may be deleted or lost in some ways. This tool has caliber to fix OST and PST files from Outlook 2003 as well as Outlook 2000, 2007 and 2010 versions. You can use this tool on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 OS based computers and laptops.
Steps necessary to fix OST and PST files from Outlook 2003:
- Download Yodot Outlook PST Repair software on to your Windows system where OST and PST file resides
- Install and launch the tool by following given instructions
- In main screen, click on ‘Open PST’, ‘Find PST’ or ‘Select Outlook Profile’ option to select required OST or PST file
- After choosing particular Outlook file to repair, mention the mode of scanning between ‘Normal scan’ and ‘Smart scan’ options
- Also, choose a destination location to save repaired PST / OST file after completion of scanning process
- Click on ‘Repair’ button and activate file repair process
- Software takes few seconds to scan and fix all issues with chosen Outlook data file
- Now, you can examine fixed file in Outlook styled interface and then proceed to save it in already mentioned destination folder by purchasing product key
- Maintain proper backup of Outlook PST and OST files to avoid any kind of data loss
- Since Microsoft has stopped its support for Outlook 2003, you have to upgrade it to any higher version