Recover deleted, lost office files, PDF documents, images, database, emails and other file types using the fastest file recovery software for Windows. Download the free trial of the software and evaluate the chances of recovery.
Accidentally formatted a partition / drive on Windows. Recover data from accidentally formatted FAT, NTFS partitions and restore them to another healthy partition.
Repair Microsoft Outlook 2010 OST File
“Hi, there I have a problem accessing my Outlook 2010 OST file. Very often when I try to open offline Outlook 2010 OST file on my desktop, Outlook either freezes or terminates by itself. I have certain substantial content in my .OST file that is not yet updated to Exchange Server mailbox. So, please someone suggest me good solution to fix OST file in MS Outlook 2010. Thanks in advance.”
Microsoft Outlook 2010 introduced many additional and exceptional features when compared to its previous versions. Features like social connector, advanced search feature, option to insert screenshot easily, Conversation-Clean-Up to save space and so on. Yet, in MS Outlook 2010 the inbuilt integrity check tool ScanOST (Scanost.exe) was removed. So, users undergo great trouble to fix OST file issues in Outlook 2010 application. Before knowing how to repair such problematic .OST files, let us go through few reasons that result in inaccessibility of offline data file on Outlook 2010.
Some of the reasons why users fail to access OST file in MS Outlook 2010:
- Synchronization error: While synching offline data to Exchange Server, interruptions in network connectivity can discard synchronization process, leaving the OST file corrupt
- Abrupt termination of Outlook: If Outlook is terminated accidentally while modifying mailbox content of OST file, then there are more chances of OST file getting corrupt
- Additional reasons: Improper functioning of Outlook 2010, sudden system shutdown due to power loss while working on OST, virus infection, compatibility issues, etc. can all lead to damaged OST file on Outlook 2010
However, problems with Outlook 2010 .ost file like inaccessibility of mail account, missing of mail attributes, etc. due to above mentioned reasons can be resolved using Scanpst.exe tool itself. Except synchronization issues, this inbuilt ScanPST can fix all other irregularities within OST file. ScanPST in Outlook 2010 is located in the below mentioned location:
- In 32-bit Windows and 64-bit Outlook versions it is under, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
- In 64-bit Windows you can find ScanPST under, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
Handy methods to resolve MS 2010 Outlook .OST file when ScanPST doesn’t support:
The first easy method to get rid of problematic OST file is to delete the local .ost file from the system and re-download the fresh offline file from Exchange Server. However, this approach may sometimes lead to loss of all the unsynchronized data that was present in deleted OST file
Then, how to repair OST file without losing any data?
In order to fix OST file problems in Outlook 2010 without losing any of its data, it is recommended to make use of third party OST repair utility. One of the most recommended and safe OST repair tool is Yodot Outlook PST Repair. This tool excellently repairs OST file as well as PST file that is oversized, password protected, corrupted / damaged due to various reasons on Microsoft Outlook 2010 in few steps. With this utility, you can successfully extract all the unreachable mailbox data from OST and PST files created on Outlook 2010 and other versions of MS Office Outlook like 2003, 2007 and 2002. Above all, the tool can be employed on Windows computer having Windows 8, 7, XP, Vista, Server 2003 and 2008 operating systems.
Procedure to make use of Yodot Outlook PST Repair software:
- Download the software on your Windows PC where OST file resides
- Follow given instructions to install and run the utility
- In the main screen, you will find three options to select your OST file
- ‘Open PST file’ – to select your OST if its location is known
- ‘Find PST file’ – to locate and select OST file on the hard drive
- ‘Select Outlook Profile’ – to select OST file from Outlook having multiple profiles
- After selecting the required OST file, click on next and specify destination location to save OST file after repair process
- Also, select the mode of scanning between Normal / Smart scan options and then click next
- Now, the tool scans entire OST file to fix all issues
- After completion of repair process, your repaired OST file contents can be viewed in Outlook styled interface
- Do not import repaired OST file into Outlook, just open the file as normal Outlook data file
- Follow proper methods while editing / accessing Outlook 2010 OST files
- Take regular backup of OST file to avoid unexpected data loss